strange headphone meet on campus
Mar 10, 2006 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

granodemostasa

Headphoneus Supremus
12:31, we get out of class at 146 Dwinelle Hall. i put on my Ultimate Ears super fi 5pros and walk past sproul plaza to telegraph avenue. as i'm passing by i notice all the normally strange stuff found on sproul: all the clubs, frats, political and religious groups with their tables and all the people with fliers. as usual there are several guitar players having fun and dozens of people eating at the GBC. well, then i see one thing that's blocking the momentum of the crowd. it's a group of students, some i recognize. they are out there, non with ibuds, all with upgraded heaphones. none of them have real head-fi headphones and they are all out there dancing to their ipods like in a ipod commericals.. and there are many others around them, also with headphones on, they dont talk to each other, just look... and all playing music. and i think... how random and move on.

Mar 10, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 11
Aw, you didn't join them, take a video, or both?
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #3 of 11
dude, that is the performing arts arm of Head-fi. a rogue unit that we barely acknowlege. a splinter set made up of a ragtag team of exuberant dancing nancies.

you shoulda joined in.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX
<Creepy old guy> Hey kids! Wanna come over to my room and play with headphones?! </Creepy old guy>

LMAO!!!
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanflyz
Hmm, really? I was around the GBC area grabbing some sandwiches at that time. I didn't see this group you mentioned.

I think it may have been spontaneous or something, certainly didn't look organized. by the time i got there there was a crowd around them and i had to break through.

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #11 of 11
haaaa

stupidity is contagious.. Spontoneus ipod commercials induced by seeing other similar idiots in public.

ipod hippy: "Hey buddddy, wow you's got an ipod too... uhh no waaaay MAN?"

cool guy: "YEA my friend, and looky ehre, i got some big stupid headphones at the campus book store, let's boogey down old school"

ipod hippy: "YEAAAA! God i love to live the life... anybody got any chewing gum?!?! woo hoo!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back