Strange faint audio crackling that only happens when I am downloading.
Nov 17, 2011 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DaWolf1205

New Head-Fier
I just bought the Seinnheiser HD 558, and I am using it with my onboard audio (Realtek HD Audio, ALC888S). I have an ethernet cable directly connected to my computer. The motherboard is the MSI X58 Pro.
I hear this sort of crackling noise while I am downloading. I also noticed that it happens if I simply let a youtube video buffer. If I mute the volume, the sound continues. I tried updating my drivers and everything just in case. I googled around and tried many possible solutions to audio crackling issues that people were having with Realtek HD Audio.
Has anyone had this issue before? What could be causing this?

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #2 of 7
Sounds like it's most likely interference from the network card picked up by the onboard sound card. You can try updating drivers for all your hardware, though I don't think that this or anything else short of buying a dedicated internal or external sound card is going to solve the problem.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 7
Are you connected to the front panel headphone jack? There is a number of pc cases where the front panel IO pcb has shared ground with audio, usb and esata ports. You'll hear all your hard drive activity in real time :D

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 7
I tried disabling every other thing under Playback Devices, and I also disabled all Recording Devices in the Sound properties on my computer. I also went into the Properties for the output that I am using and I muted all the things under the Levels tab (CD Audio, etc.) but none of this helped.

Nov 18, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Sounds like it's most likely interference from the network card picked up by the onboard sound card. You can try updating drivers for all your hardware, though I don't think that this or anything else short of buying a dedicated internal or external sound card is going to solve the problem.

completely same opinion..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back