Strange blip/chrip sounds on my 1212m...
Aug 21, 2005 at 5:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Emon

1000+ Head-Fier
...which just started yesterday. It's this weird staticy blip sound that occurs randomly during playback. Imagine like a midrange blip/chriping kind of sound with static over the top. Sometimes every few minutes, sometimes it keeps going and won't stop. It happens in any application using my EMU card as the device. In foobar it happens with all output modes and bit rates. If I try to record the sound, it only records silence during that time (the blips mute the music, not play over the top).

I don't know why this is happening...the only changes I've made on my PC are installing a few new fans, reinserting my TV tuner and some of the cards are in different slots. I tried removing the tuner, no effect. The tuner drivers shouldn't make a difference, they were already installed. Speaking of drivers, I completely reinstalled my Audigy 2 and 1212m drivers several times, no effect.

My Audigy 2's digital out goes into my 1212m's digital in which is routed back out so I can effectively play games through my 1212m whilst using the Audigy 2's EAX and compatibility with games. Weird thing is, I don't get these chriping sounds when I set my output device to the Audigy 2 in foobar2000 (or any other application). The sound is playing through the 1212m but the chrips are not there.

This leads me to believe it's a software issue, but I don't know what. I've reinstalled my drivers several times like I have before, running the latest for both my Audigy 2 and 1212m, including the 1.8 update for my EMU card.

Anyone know what's going on here? I get the feeling this is another freak occurance and no one will have ever experienced anything similar, but it's worth a try...I'd appreciate any help.

Aug 24, 2005 at 10:14 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon

This leads me to believe it's a software issue, but I don't know what. I've reinstalled my drivers several times like I have before, running the latest for both my Audigy 2 and 1212m, including the 1.8 update for my EMU card.

Anyone know what's going on here? I get the feeling this is another freak occurance and no one will have ever experienced anything similar, but it's worth a try...I'd appreciate any help.

These WHQL ones? ... are not released 'officially' yet
biggrin.gif
!

jiitee

Aug 26, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #5 of 9
Well, all my PCI latencies were 32 (except for my AGP card). I tried setting them lower, no change. I'll try a different PCI slot tomorrow. After I changed PCI slots, PatchMix DSP complained about the 1010 card not being installed and said to try reinstalling drivers...so maybe that's it.

jiiteepee, what are those drivers for? I'm using the beta drivers off Creative's site.

Aug 26, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #6 of 9
sorry to hear you are having a problem. I have experience something similar, perhaps exactly the same. Mine was rather high pitch clipping, which was also recorded on Patchmix DSP EQs. At the point of time, I have tried everything at my disposal only to realize none of that effort was fruitful. Since I had my card modded, I blamed it on a cap that fell off of the digital card (as opposed to the I/O daughterboard). Strangely though, the dissapeared without a trace sometime down the road.. More recently, I have had some serious channel imbalance problem, but that is also gone now. I guess I went thru a lot of drama with my setup, but finally everything sounds glorious
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2005 at 6:59 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon
Well, all my PCI latencies were 32 (except for my AGP card). I tried setting them lower, no change. I'll try a different PCI slot tomorrow. After I changed PCI slots, PatchMix DSP complained about the 1010 card not being installed and said to try reinstalling drivers...so maybe that's it.

jiiteepee, what are those drivers for? I'm using the beta drivers off Creative's site.

1212M:
Have you tried if disabling NIC on Device Manager nelps?

If you get only silence on that time the noise occurs it may mean; there is a faulty component/driver which breaks the chain for 'audio' data path.
Have you tried if using native ASIO drivers make any difference?
If you do not have player/travker with native ASIO support here are couple:
MixVibes 6 - http://www.mixvibes.com/pageeng/page.php?x=home (Demo)
NI Traktor BeatPort - http://www.native-instruments.com/in...tportplayer_us (Freeware)
NI Traktor DJ - http://www.nativeinstruments.de (Demo)

Audigy:
Drivers are just only the latest (finished) Creative drivers, which are also passed the WHQL -test. Hypothetical 'official' releasing will be in days ~couple of weeks.

WHQL - http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/whql/default.mspx

jiitee

Aug 28, 2005 at 7:48 AM Post #9 of 9
The sound seems to have decreased, and instead of a mid/high blip/chrip/clipping sound it's a much lower clipping sound with less "blip" to it.

Edit: No wait, that's only because I was using wave out instead of ASIO. I'm fairly certain it's a software issue at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back