strange beyer wireing scheme???
Dec 18, 2002 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

KShaft

100+ Head-Fier
Hello.

Im thinking about getting a pair of 880's when they come out.

I also realise that the beyer cables are awful and are probably choking the performance of the phones and would like to rewire them with stefan cables!

It appears they have the same wiring scheme as the 990s and 770s.

If you dont know about it, the cable comes from the jack, and both of the cables go into the left driver housing. One branches off directly into the left driver. the other terminates on a metal piece inside the driver houseing, then stars up again as a different wire soldered on that same piece of metal just a few millameters away from where the first right channel cable ended. The new cable then comes out of the top of the driver housing, up along the headband then into the right driver housing and then terminates into the driver.

okay, why the hell would they do the wiring that way? Wouldnt it be easier to just divide the intitial cable into the driver housings from the start? and whats with the termination then restarting of the right driver cable? why not stay with the same cable?

Would I be able to rewire it in the conventional (i.e. cable directly into both drivers) method?

thanks for any help,
k.s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back