Strange 2 way earbud/in-ears
May 15, 2008 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jelle Schrijver

100+ Head-Fier
Have a look over here

L10747665.jpg

had to read it several times before I got it.

You can use one end as an earbud, and the other end as an in-ear. So no 2 way driver onboard
frown.gif

Let's have a look on their marketing BS:
Quote:

Earphones block noises from outside for uninterrupted listening enjoyment
Large earbud could be used to hear the necessary outside warnings such as; sirens, important phone calls, and etc

What is it now, isolation or no isolation...

Quote:

Japanese high gauss ultra high power neodymium magnet technology

Never have known that only Japanese made magnets. And it is a magnet not a piece of technology. And yes Neodymium is a powerfull magnet, thanks for reminding me twice.

Quote:

Supports pro stereo and simulated 3D multi-channel surround sounds (for music that has surround sound features)

Uhuh, so in conclusion i can listen to music with it. Wow! That's a very unique selling point for a headphone that it reproduces the signal which it is feed with, no other brand does that
biggrin.gif

Quote:

The bigger side of the earphone is able to simulate 3D stereo sound quality

If it is in the signal of course, or is there a very small DSP and amp hidden on that side of the headphone...

Quote:

Extra light weight compatible with portable audio devices
Compatible with : iPod / iPod Mini / iPod Nano / iPod Shuffle / iPod Video/ PSP / MP3 / CD Player, all types of audio devices with 3.5mm headphone jack

No s..., your not pulling my leg..... How dumb the think we are....
I always hate it when my earphones are SOOO have to carry around...
It's nice that the weight of both the headphone and the portable source are compatible....

Quote:

Rubber coated wires for long lasting durability

Yep, bulletproofvests are indeed made of rubber because of it's though ability's. I will stick with Kevlar imbedded in the wire for pull strength.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

3.5mm universal gold-plated connector

Oooh, for connection of all those headphone sockets designed for a 3.5mm jacks.....

Quote:

Premium sound quality and superior bass response
Frequency response band: 130HZ-16KHZ
Frequency response: 97db(1kHz/1V rms)

Uuuuuhhh, bass.... and what do you call those signals beneath 100 hz????
And boy, that is not a loud freq. response
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Speaker diameter: 15mm, the other: 9mm

What, 2 speakers???? I thought there was only one driver per side...

Quote:

Unit size: 48 inches
Package size: 19.5 cm x 9.5 cm x 4 cm

Yeppie, it comes with blackhole technology to get that 48" headphone in that 7.7" x 3.7" package.... Keep the headphone, just send me the packing material to cover my walls at home with... Now that I think about it, how do I insert a 48" in-ear into my ear
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

And yes folks, i love my portion of sarcasm....

LET THE FLAMMING BEGIN!! I love a good BBQ...

May 15, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelle Schrijver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok
biggrin.gif

1) 1 side has isolation one doesn't (guess your just being awkward on this one though?)

2) Technology def:

1. The application of science, especially to industrial or commercial objectives.
2. The scientific method and material used to achieve a commercial or industrial objective.

so yes it is technology and it was simply specifying where it came from and what it was made of

3) ok

4) ok

5) ok

6) They are making sure you know it is light when it could be a worry seing as the thing is fairly relatively bulky, also it just confirms they are ok from portable players, nothing wrong with that.

7) ok

8) :S

9) One for each side. (again I guess you are being awkward)

10) Hmmmm picky

....see I'm just as bored.....

May 15, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 6
it by means is no hi-fi product. But it might be fun to have 2 different sounds on one earphone/iem. Isolation is probably minimal , but that's common sense for it being an iem.

3d sound in an earbud!? thats laughable. Unless you this is similar to a pk1, it doesn't come close to 3d sound.

32 impedance is alright but the freq. response is horrid.

priced at 29.99 ... i rather buy a ksc-75.

May 15, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 6
ooh..A friend of mine had these! He got them from some random store in Wisconsin and they were originally priced at $30, but he peeled a '$5.00' sticker off another product and stuck it on the headphone box and got it for $5.00 because they apparently didn't use barcodes. Anyways, he said that the IEM part really sucked because it was too quiet, and everyone sitting next to him could hear his music when he used it because the earbud part would be sticking straight out. Eventually it broke and he switched to an ibud, at which time he commented to me that "sound quality actually DOES exist!(he thought I was crazy for getting headphones over 20$! I never noticed it until now".

He never really did anything about it, though, he was too lazy to get new headphones so he stuck to the ibuds.
He actually switched to some random headphones he got from Best Buy(Never checked, probably Sennheisers) recently, and once again commented about how much the ibuds suck compared to them. I wonder how he'd react to a pair of ksc-75's...

May 15, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricco87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok
biggrin.gif

1) 1 side has isolation one doesn't (guess your just being awkward on this one though?)

2) Technology def:
1. The application of science, especially to industrial or commercial objectives.
2. The scientific method and material used to achieve a commercial or industrial objective.
so yes it is technology and it was simply specifying where it came from and what it was made of

6) They are making sure you know it is light when it could be a worry seing as the thing is fairly relatively bulky, also it just confirms they are ok from portable players, nothing wrong with that.
8) :S
9) One for each side. (again I guess you are being awkward)
10) Hmmmm picky

....see I'm just as bored.....

NO NO, NOT ME, NOT ME, FLAME THE PRODUCT
biggrin.gif

About 1, thought so, but still strange, but it wouldn't be fun not to flame it, now would it.... Kinda missing the point, buddy
about 2, the term technology is used to loosely.
about 6, oke, there pointing out the very obvious. i mean, look at it: "light weight compatible with portable"
about 8, What does :S mean??
about 9, do not think so, mine guess would be that the in-ear part gets it signal from the back of the earbuddriver. There talking diameter of the nozzle/earbud here. But put it like they did, you could read that there where 2 drivers while there state there is one...
about 10, how does this make me picky, please elaborate on that...

GETTING COMFORTABLE BY THE COUSY FIRE....
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back