Straight 3.5mm male to male - Best 6"-8" Cables
Jan 16, 2021 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

wingtsun

100+ Head-Fier
Gooday folks! I've been away from these forums for the last 6 years but still loving my audio!! I'm still using my much adored HeadRoom Ultra Micro Amp & DAC combo. My Ray Samuels Hornet I let go a while ago, still preferring the synergy of the HeadRoom combo, altho this is really a desktop setup as opposed to music on the go.

Long story short, back in the. day there were several guys on here who produced top quality 3.5mm male to male leads in 6-8" lengths. The last ones I bought were 99% silver and a pure copper from Larocco Audio, both of which were good. I was also a Cardas 6" mini user.

In a decade things will have moved on and I'd love to hear about. which cables are now considered top class, why and who makes them. I'm in the UK so any UK producers would be of great interest but happy to trade with you US boys too, as always.

These particular cables will be used to patch between the DAC and amp and from the amp to a little set of Bose Music Monitors. I used to be a real purist and anti-Bose but I actually love these little fellas for easy, non-analytical listening. The. source is an Arcam Alpha 7SE CD player which O bought from a local for £20 and it's mint! So this is not an expensive setup but I already really enjoy it but would just like to upgrade my now 15+ year old cables.

So, best bang for the buck, max $100 for two cables, what would you recommend in 2021, please?

Stay safe all!

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 3
If you contact CEMA they'll be able to make one to your specifications in whatever material takes your fancy.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/fe...m=a2g0o.store_home.pcShopHead_1000001447130.4

Otherwise a cheaper way might to be find a DIYer on Head-Fi who accepts cable orders. I'm a DIYer myself but am not set up for that and don't have enough experience soldering cables to offer my services but I'm sure you'll find someone here who can help. Unfortunately its become increasing difficult to find sources of high-end mini-to-mini interconnects.

I did order one of these from Penon awhile back but its yet to arrive so I can't give impressions yet.
https://penonaudio.com/penon-totem-audio-cable.html?search=totem

Jan 17, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #3 of 3
OK, thanks for that mate. I expected there would be a plethora of them now there are so many mini amps on the market!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back