Story from HELL. (help me out maybe?)
Jan 12, 2007 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

ARoach

100+ Head-Fier
I live in BC and the past 2 days have been snowy as hell, we have about a foot of snow where I live.

Anyhow, me and some buds are going to go out to Wendy's at lunch, I have my MP3 in my pocket with my Shure E4C's around my ears (not listening, they're just there). We get the in the car, get going, everyone is talking and whatever...

about halfway there, I hear a clanging against the back right-side of the car, so i turn to look What it was... my EARBUDS are dangling out the door, dragging in teh mother****ing ice.

I flip the **** out and open the door and proceed to cradle my babies. They're both scratched to hell, and one of the buds fell off, the tips are alive, but the insides are icey, so I remove the tips and everything and fortunately they still produce audio. The bottom's of one of the earphones fell off, so teh wiring is now exposed and I have no ear dildos to listen out of anymore.

If anyone has any small transparent tips or medium gray tips that don't fit them and they'd sell to me, please PM. If you have any of the white tips you put them on, also please PM me.

What a shatty day.

=(

Jan 12, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 22
"....have no ear dildos to listen out of anymore...." ****... Bahahaha!!

Dude, I'm not laughing at you... Trust me, I feel your pain, but got-dayum.. that is one crazy post!!
280smile.gif

Look at it this way, time for a "BIGGER EAR-DILDO!"...Upgrade!!!!

Jan 12, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 22
Lol that's hilarious. sucks when stuff dangles out of your car...

Jan 12, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 22
Ear dildo? ROFL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Now you can get E500s!

Jan 12, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARoach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I flip the **** out and open the door and proceed to cradle my babies. They're both scratched to hell, and one of the buds fell off, the tips are alive, but the insides are icey, so I remove the tips and everything and fortunately they still produce audio. =(

You might just be the first person to have cryoed a pair E4Cs
biggrin.gif
Hope your day gets better.

Jan 12, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #10 of 22
Jan 12, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #11 of 22
I'm sorry that it happened but ROFL!

I agree with the above - if you upgrade, something positive comes of it. If you buy the same thing, then you just waste money [size=xx-small](how's that for justification)[/size]

Jan 12, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARoach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in BC and the past 2 days have been snowy as hell, we have about a foot of snow where I live.

Anyhow, me and some buds are going to go out to Wendy's at lunch, I have my MP3 in my pocket with my Shure E4C's around my ears (not listening, they're just there). We get the in the car, get going, everyone is talking and whatever...

about halfway there, I hear a clanging against the back right-side of the car, so i turn to look What it was... my EARBUDS are dangling out the door, dragging in teh mother****ing ice.

I flip the **** out and open the door and proceed to cradle my babies. They're both scratched to hell, and one of the buds fell off, the tips are alive, but the insides are icey, so I remove the tips and everything and fortunately they still produce audio. The bottom's of one of the earphones fell off, so teh wiring is now exposed and I have no ear dildos to listen out of anymore.

If anyone has any small transparent tips or medium gray tips that don't fit them and they'd sell to me, please PM. If you have any of the white tips you put them on, also please PM me.

What a shatty day.

=(

If you're near downtown, the Long and Mcquade near broadway should have tips. If not, I know Tom Lee music carries some. I've only got some yellow foamies for my UM2s as I gave away my other shures with a full set of tips for the guy
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by threepointone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hasn't it been agreed that shure has an awesome warranty policy? I remember someone on hf who got like literally half of his earphones ripped off, and shure just replaced them no questions asked

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the OP should call Shure- they should set him up nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back