Storm 2 vs. Tour 2
Dec 27, 2009 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

debitsohn

Headphoneus Supremus
I have the storm 1 and like it... but ive had too many hardware issues so they offered me a multi fru which will push back my upgrade date. they offered the storm 2. the tour 2 is rumored to come out in the next month or so. anyone here have both the storm2 and tour1? which do u prefer? why?

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 13
I have a Tour 1 and like it a lot. You might want to check the rumor mill on the Tour 2. Last I read, the projected release date is around March now.

Since I assume you're on a CDMA network, the Bold probably isn't an option. I've played around on a friend's Bold 9700 and I don't like it at all. It's too small for a full QWERTY keyboard. Harder to type on than a portrait iPhone.

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Tour 1 and like it a lot. You might want to check the rumor mill on the Tour 2. Last I read, the projected release date is around March now.

Since I assume you're on a CDMA network, the Bold probably isn't an option. I've played around on a friend's Bold 9700 and I don't like it at all. It's too small for a full QWERTY keyboard. Harder to type on than a portrait iPhone.

it's not really hard to use the keyboard after 20 minutes i have an curve 8900 and it's the perfect size

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

yea the bold isnt an option. verizon. i thought it was still assumed that it would be mid to late jan. march?? ugh! im so impatient. damn me and my instant gratification.

Jan 4, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #6 of 13
i had a Storm 1 for 3 weeks, and almost liked it, but when the screen totally crapped out it made me nervous so i took it back for a Tour.

I've had the Tour since July, and it's mostly fine. it doesn't give me that gadget rush, but it does the job i need it to. it's a little bit laggy and has a couple of build quality issues (loose battery door, dirt behind the flash lens).

i miss having a nice big screen, and when i tried out the Storm 2, i actually preferred typing on it than on the Tour keyboard, which everyone other than me seems to love. i think it's a fine keyboard, but i mis-type on it more than i did with my old Pearl.

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #7 of 13
I have the Storm 1 and tried the Storm 2 in-store. The Storm 2's screen has much less travel and rebounds instantaneously. Plus, it has multitouch, which makes it much easier and quicker to type on than the Storm 1. Very impressive. With SureType I can rack up some serious speeds!

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #8 of 13
I just got back from a road trip. Using the GPS feature of the tour four 6 straight hours, including non-stop data for the maps and backlight for the display, plus about 20 minutes of voice, the Tour still arrived home with 55% battery life left.

Pretty darn good if you ask me.

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #9 of 13
Pretty impressive. The Storm with it's larger screen probably wouldn't be able to do that!

BTW, is there a Head-Fi Blackberry Messenger group?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

I just got back from a road trip. Using the GPS feature of the tour four 6 straight hours, including non-stop data for the maps and backlight for the display, plus about 20 minutes of voice, the Tour still arrived home with 55% battery life left.

Pretty darn good if you ask me.

wow... battery on my tour is nowhere near that good. i can hardly get through a day, especially with GPS on.

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow... battery on my tour is nowhere near that good. i can hardly get through a day, especially with GPS on.

My is ridiculous. Last time I charged it was on Friday and with a weekend of light data usage and a bit of voice w/ GPS turned off, I'm still at 60%. My house is in a spot w/ terrible cell coverage (I can't do data at home) so the radio is probably running at full power most of the time to lock onto the signal.

What version of the firmware are you running? I think I'm on *.230 w/ Sprint.

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

My is ridiculous. Last time I charged it was on Friday and with a weekend of light data usage and a bit of voice w/ GPS turned off, I'm still at 60%. My house is in a spot w/ terrible cell coverage (I can't do data at home) so the radio is probably running at full power most of the time to lock onto the signal.

What version of the firmware are you running? I think I'm on *.230 w/ Sprint.

i just updated to a leaked version of 5.0.419... and the battery seems to have improved some. the phone is also quite a bit snappier now, so that's nice.

however, the radio on my Tour is still weaker than it was on my Pearl or my short-lived Storm. in general, i think the Tour is a bit of a let-down. if it weren't for work, i'd probably ditch the BB OS altogether and go with Android or iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back