Storing your portable and 'phones
Apr 17, 2007 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

mojo

100+ Head-Fier
Just interested to see what ideas people have come up with for storing their player and headphones while on the move.

Summer is just around the corner, and since handbags are still unfashionable for men carrying your rig can be a problem. Tight jeans don't help, and belt clips tend not to include anything for your 'phones.

Am I the only one who finds under-the-clothes routing of cables messy, uncomfortable and a bit iffy (um... I sweat in the heat...)? So far, my best solution has been a belt mounted pouch for the player and phones..

Apr 17, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 16
I wear big pants with big pockets
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #4 of 16
For PCDPs, T/Airhead & phones: Total Airbag from Headroom

For iHP120, T/Airhead & phones: a 3 pocket camo digi camera pouch you sling on your belt with a D clip. Or in the back pocket of a cycling jersey, or messenger bag/Camelbak...

Apr 17, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 16
does my head count for the phones? and a pocket for the player

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #7 of 16
Shirt pocket is large enough to very adequately fit my U3, I don't even feel it in there. When I'm on-the-go, though, I usually have my amp and Shure case... so fortunately I have a messenger bag with this attached to the shoulder strap:

in-use.JPG

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #8 of 16
My portable rig pretty much takes a break for the summer, as I typically only use it at school and while commuting to and from campus. During the summer my main method of transportation is my car, and all of my mobile listening occurs there.

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 16
This is what I use - it's Case Logic's universal MP3 case. It's excellent.
DSCN4428.jpg

and zipped up (*most of the way)
DSCN4425.jpg

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #10 of 16
I use that bag also, it's nice.
I just wish that the handle on it was a little bigger so you can fit your whole hand in it, or that it was sturdier made.
Makes it harder for people to yank it out of your hand and run off with the whole thing.
icon10.gif

I haven't broken it yet or anything, but it looks quite flimsy.

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #13 of 16
In my pocket. Otherwise, in the UE case. UE hard cases rock!

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #14 of 16
Interesting, thanks guys and gals. Well, one thing I have noticed is that there is not much in the way of good protection for 'phones. Most people just seem to have a bag for them, which I guess is okay.

I have Shure E3Cs which come with a hard case. It's nice, but they are a bit of a tight fit in there.

Apr 19, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #15 of 16
I have my Ipod in an ISKIN Evo 3 rubberized case. I store my E2Cs (or my PX100s) in their included case which I put in my messenger bag (I carry my lunch and etc. in there too). May not be fashionable but I have to put my stuff somewhere.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back