Storing headphones stand or rack
Jul 11, 2008 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

green_avanti

Head-Fier
Hi

I've accumulated a few pair of headphones and hate leaving them lying around on their sides. Have you a tidy and carefull way of storing your headphones, a pattern for a stand or wall mount perhaps?

How do you store yours??

Kind regards

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 15
Glass head works perfect and looks the muts nuts....imo
biggrin.gif

2425976533_bd7e9a9c90_b.jpg

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #5 of 15
Oh yeah! Cost Plus and Pier 1 Imports carry those glass heads for like $11.00...I need to pick some of those up! They are clear glass though. Great idea...

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cost Plus and Pier 1 Imports carry those glass heads for like $11.00...

The cool thing about these heads is that the base is made to fit a standard light fixture, like the globe light on a ceiling fan.

So you could find a light fixture base to set the head on and put a colored light inside. I might pursue this.

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorgak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cool thing about these heads is that the base is made to fit a standard light fixture, like the globe light on a ceiling fan.

So you could find a light fixture base to set the head on and put a colored light inside. I might pursue this.

That would be cool mood lighting, but you'd want really low wattage, so the head doesn't get too hot, and cause problems with the phones. I was thinking more of filling the neck area with sand or rocks (but not too much, don't want it to get top heavy) in order to weight the base for stability.

EDIT: Damn, neither Cost Plus nor Pier 1 carry them anymore...

Jul 11, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #9 of 15
Right now mine just lay around, but I'm working with Steve (swt61) to have him build me a very custom stand that's quite unlike any of the ones he's made before.

Jul 11, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #10 of 15
Either in their corresponding flight case (aluminum box), or on the Stax stand.

52042819qx5.jpg

Jul 12, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #14 of 15
I use the sennheiser one, very nice when you have limited space.

Since I also have more than 1 headphone now, I have one of the new Woo audio headphone stands incoming, one that can hold 2 headphones at once.
I like how they look to be of the same finish as their amp cases.

Jul 12, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #15 of 15
I don't know what Steve may have done with the idea, but a chandalier design over the equipment rack will keep the kids and pets away from your hps. Like a coulage of headphones. Needs no footprint on the desk or floor.

A nice spiral tube with headband rests and hooks for cords.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back