Stores that carry headphones in Portland OR?
Jun 9, 2004 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

remilard

500+ Head-Fier
I'm having trouble using the search function so I am sorry if this has been addressed before. I am looking for stores to check out headphones in portland or nearby.

Jun 9, 2004 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 3
Their web site says there's a Magnolia Hi-Fi, er, Audio/Video in Beaverton.

503-643-4164
11975 SW Canyon Road
Beaverton, OR 97005

If they're like the ones I've been in, they'll have some, although not all.

There's always Headroom, but it's mail-order.

Jun 10, 2004 at 7:35 AM Post #3 of 3
Good Guys out by the airport/205 has a fair amount, mostly Sennheiser, Sony and a couple of Phillips, but you can test with your own player. Stereotypes on NE Broadway & 26th(www.stereotypesaudio.com) carries Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser, and also has a number of headphone amps. Fred's Sound of Music on SE Hawthorne might have some used headphones, in addition to new Grado's and Senn's.

If you're looking for DJ type headphones, you can try Guitar Center just south of Clackamas Town Center, or Portland Music @ 531 SE MLK, personally I much preferred the sales folks at Portland Music. Fry's (in Wilsonville) has headphones (lots of Sony), but no way I could figure out to test them using my own player on their display. Their setup was awful, but you can at least test how they fit. If you have to return something there, it's a pain, so I don't personally recommend buying from them.

And don't bother with Circuit City or Best Buy or Target - unless you're going to buy two or three to test at home, and return the ones you don't want.

Tolovana

Users who are viewing this thread

Back