StoreOne Doughnut earpads on amazon ?
Mar 4, 2015 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

funkymartyn

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there, anyone used these doughnut  L cushion pads for the grado 325i , ?....im after a spare pair, but don't want to pay £25 if I can help it....or do you you know where I can pick up a couple of pairs which are good..thanks in advance...martyn...uk

Mar 10, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 16
Anyone used these from  Store One  ?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/StoreONE-Doughnut-Earpads-Grado-Headphones/dp/B00CQRWEC2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1426004031&sr=1-1&keywords=grado+325i+pads

51RghAtvX3L.jpg

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #3 of 16
Bump,  well anyone ever used these for the grado 225, or 325i, ...as the price looks ok

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #4 of 16
Do they even export those?  I cant even get a shipping + VAT estimate because they do not appear to be available to export.

Kind of a backwards thing... Grados are $$ in the UK, and are not exactly readily available yet StoreOne only sells these pads there. (as near as I can tell).

I'd like to give them a try.

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #5 of 16
I will get back to you if I get a pair..shame cant find any info..

May 22, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #7 of 16
No I have not bought these yet.....the price is good, the quality I don't know......as I picked up a pair of new 225i   at good price I didn't need the cushions, pads for now...

May 29, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #9 of 16
Any News on these pads yet ?

May 29, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #11 of 16
Just got them. They fit fine on the MS2s and as you can see they are much beefier than the stock one. Wearing the headphones is much more comfortable now since your ears are "nowhere close" to being in contact with the drivers. All in all a really good purchase, a definite upgrade from the stock ones in terms of comfort.

May 29, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #12 of 16
  Just got them. They fit fine on the MS2s and as you can see they are much beefier than the stock one. Wearing the headphones is much more comfortable now since your ears are "nowhere close" to being in contact with the drivers. All in all a really good purchase, a definite upgrade from the stock ones in terms of comfort.

Look pretty good, side-by-side comparison tempting me already as the stock S cushions really hurt my (admittedly larger than average) ears after a very short amount of time. Is there any difference in sound, I was hoping these would be similar to L cushions or have you not tried those? Thanks

May 30, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #13 of 16
Messaged you, but will these then fitvthe 325 and 225 ?......they look ok, take itvtheyre softer then ?

May 30, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #14 of 16
They should, yes. The sr325 are supposed to be the same as the ms2s except for a slight different tuning of the driver (as far as i know). And yes they are softer and much more comfortable (as i already said before)

@enssorcel

The MS2s came with the L cushions and they were nowhere as comfortable as these, especially now that they started wearing out. As for any change in sound quality I cant really tell but im no audiophile and have not actively tried to switch around between the two. The upgrade in comfort at least for me makes it irrelevant since i didnt enjoy wearing the headphones before and havent wore them for some time now. Sorry if this wasnt of much help.

EDIT
I never tried the S-Cushions myself and reading around they are supposed to be "comfortable" at least compared to the L- Cushions so I can't guarantee that these will be better than the S-Cushions. I can only say that they were definitely more comfortable than the Ls (but those are already known to not be very comfortable to begin with).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back