Store that allows returns on opened IEMs?
Sep 13, 2008 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hear_the_sound

Head-Fier
I want to listen to some IEMs for myself
before I buy one.

Are there any online stores that won't charge a 10-15% open box-free on returns?

Or are there any stores in Los Angeles that demo IEMs?

Thanks

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 7
soundearphones.com charges a flat $15 restocking fee.

You have 30 days, from the date you place your order, to return the earphones. Your refund will be for the purchase amount less original shipping/handling cost, less a flat $15.00 restocking. We have to change a restocking fee since we only sell brand new earphones and all returned/opened box inventory goes back to the manufacturer.

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really, would you buy a pair of socks or underwear that someone tried on? How about a used oral or rectal thermometer?

Ideally if a store demoed models it would offer shoppers clean ear-pieces. this is why i wondered if stores offered this, as the ear pieces would cost $$
if i did buy used iems, i would just change the ear-pieces.

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really, would you buy a pair of socks or underwear that someone tried on? How about a used oral or rectal thermometer?

You mean you can buy these things new?
confused.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 7
Think of the restocking fee as the try-out fee.

It would be nice if local stores would just have extra tips that you could buy to try them out. Edit -- In fact, wouldn't that be a good marketing idea? Suppose Sleek put the SA6's in a retail store. They send one demo set and a whole bunch of extra tips. Then they can let people try before they buy. I'd definitely go to a store to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back