Store reccomendations for canadians?
Sep 26, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
I hate that place, I went in once and the guy working hovered around, not for help though, I figure he was just there to make sure I didn't steal anything.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I went there and asked for closed portable headphones, the guy seem a bit lost so I asked to try the PX200. He said those are not closed (I figured out later that he thought only circumaural headphones can be closed), then he recommended the Bose Triports, then the HD25 SP. I don’t think it could’ve gone any worse that that.
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #17 of 23
i hear alot of bad things about bay and bloor radio, the employees not knowing anything and what not, but i new at this whole high-end phone thing and have yet to ever walked into one of these stores, or have the money for anyhting in them, so i don't treally know personally. so no one has seen the k26p in canada huh? thats a bummer

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #18 of 23
Actually, I have another question, does anyone know a place to get KSC-75's in Canada? Online of course.. I want to get a pair for my brother and can't find any.

Sep 27, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #20 of 23
Just call around. I'm in Calgary, I can recommend some places out here, Axe Music carries AKG's, you can get Grados at Loyalty Audio and there is a so-so selection of Beyers at General Audio. Senns are here-and-there pretty much anywhere seems to have Senns or will order them for you out here.

Sep 27, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #21 of 23
National Sound on Queen West in Toronto sells Grado 325's for $299CDN and RS2 for $550 CDN.

Bay Bloor Radio has outrageous prices but has a large array of phones available for listening, All Grado models, Sennheisers, AKG's and a few others. A few of the lower priced phones are priced accordingly, but most are very expensive.

Also Applause audio on Queen East has pretty good prices on Grado's and is a very cool store. A high end audio store with a good vinyl selection. Think Sonic Youth and Can, not Steely Dan and you get the idea.

Sep 28, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #22 of 23
thanks for all the store suggestion..i'll be downtown on friday..no school!!!....so i'll have time to check these out
does anyone know of anystore in toronto that carries k26p?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back