Storage Space vs. Sound Quality
Aug 5, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #16 of 17
I'll chime in, though I usually post unpopular opinions.

I rip and store all of my music to flac, on my main computer and backups, but i will convert those to mp3 for phone and dap. I use dbpoweramp, and i have a older 12 core processor, so it can convert 12 files concurrently from flac to mp3, i dont even store a backup of the mp3s, i just convert them anytime i have a new phone or player. You won't notice a difference between high bitrate mp3 and flac at any rate, but i have piece of mind having multiple archive quality backups of my music collection. Besides, everyone knows the real effort of ripping cds is the tags and indexes, once you get them ripped right, don't want to have to do that again.

Aug 10, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #17 of 17
Well, after six years of operating on laptops with some flimsy external HDD I now jumped the shark and got an HDD for my gaming PC that so far was only used as a glorified console. But thanks to the pandemic and working from home, it's now my legit home PC, so it needed an HDD for data (as opposed to relatively small SSDs for games) anyway. I guess I can also just load the PC up with FLACs and stream them to my player somehow? People do that, right...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back