Storage for my nice Grado cans
Jan 6, 2003 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Oswaldo

New Head-Fier
Hello Hi-Fi lovers!

I found this forum while doing some research prior asking Santa what I wanted for Christmas. In the beginning I was going to get the $300 Bose speakers, but I ask myself if there should be something better for the same price. Then after reading some reviews I considered getting the SR-325 along with the extension cable and the mini cable adaptor.
I found this speakers truly amazing, for all kinds of music, from classical to rock.

So here's the question: it seems to me that the headphones are fragile so I want to keep them in a safe case, along with my other cables and a PCDP. Which case would you recommend?

Cheers!

Oswaldo "SR-325" Salazar

Jan 6, 2003 at 3:41 AM Post #2 of 13
hmmm, there was talk of I kid you not, aluminum gun cases for grado storage a while ago. Let's see if I can find them. . .

Check ebay, that's where others found 'em.

Jan 7, 2003 at 10:12 PM Post #3 of 13
Bose speakers are very, very overpriced. The materials are cheap and a player at half the price is likely to sound better.

Bose is a horrible company.

Read a professional Bose review, if you can find any.

Jan 7, 2003 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 13
Er, please disregard, I didn't realise you wanted to carry them about
confused.gif

Jan 8, 2003 at 7:29 AM Post #6 of 13
gun cases work well, check out ebay.

Jan 8, 2003 at 8:04 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
gun cases work well, check out ebay.

good idea! But I wonder if I'm going to be stopped at the airport with one of those cases...

Jan 8, 2003 at 6:38 PM Post #11 of 13
Here is another thought, considering the 325s are aluminum:

ebay

I tried finding the thread about Erix case. He has 325s and built his amp in an aluminum box to match and then got an aluminum case to carry it all in. Nice matched set.

Jan 8, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #12 of 13
i carry my Meta and D-303 in that aluminum gun case from ebay. i can take pics to show it off, if you like.

I keep my RS-1s in the Pelican 1200.

bought both off of ebay, about $30 shipped for each, which were NOT the lowest prices, but i was getting impatient. try to get it for less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back