Stopping earphones tangling: a new approach
Feb 1, 2010 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LifeButBetter.com

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I hope this is the appropriate forum to post this.

I have a problem with earphones tangling in my pocket or even just when I bundle them up to store them. I learned that things tangle because the ends intertwine with each other so the way to stop this is to tie the ends together (this applied to leads/cables of any sort).

On this basis I've developed a way of bundling up earphones that seems to work very well. I'm not sure whether this sort of thing will damange them long-term, (although I don't tend to have expensive earphones).

The techniques is described here - Stop earphones from tangling – LifeButBetter.com « LifeButBetter.com and includes some videos showing you how.

What do people think? Is it likely to damage them?

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 4
Use a twist tie to hold everything together. Putting knots in the cable itself is a bad idea as the tight loops and bends is what will ruin them.

I personally use the over/under method for wrapping everything, but I also don't typically shove wires into my pockets.

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 4
That looks like a terrible Idea. The tight knot and pulling hard to free it can't be good for the cord.

+1 to Armaegis and the twist tie.

But if they're cheap headphones you don't mind replacing often, I guess that's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back