STOP TELLING PEOPLE YOU CAN'T TELL 192AAC VS LOSSLESS ILL PROVE IT
Feb 13, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #76 of 463
Trose man you need to calm down.

For what it's worth, I could barely tell the difference between FLAC and 160kbps LAME, so who knows. I'll try again when I have a real DAC + amp.

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #77 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by loquito316 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I think someone switched Trose's Ritalin with Ephedrine. lol.

For the record, I'm 100% up to the 192kbps vs Lossless challenge. Won't even be close.

No kidding... this guy is PUMPED!
580smile.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #78 of 463
Todd, not everyone is after a super-revealing source + headphone. In fact, I'm willing to bet that a lot of people find super-revealing sound unenjoyable
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #79 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No kidding... this guy is PUMPED!
580smile.gif

Actually Vicodine and a schmirnoff rasberry! but whos counting

I had nasal surgery! And will still tell the 192AAC with blocked up ears!!!!

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #80 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Todd, not everyone is after a super-revealing source + headphone. In fact, I'm willing to bet that a lot of people find super-revealing sound unenjoyable
wink.gif

Not this super-revealing sound they wont. Were not talking Ety's here.

O crap now I pisssed off the Ety guys!

UE-10's are Fun Fun Fun til your daddy takes your Hornet away!!! LOL!
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #82 of 463
I use lossless as a matter of principle. If you have the means for storage I can't really see any advantage lossy compression would have over lossless, even if you can't tell the difference. For critical listening, why bother with lossy?

I started out with MP3, then moved to MPC for a long time, then eventually switched over to lossless.

Whenever I ABX MPC at 'standard' level, I get around 20-25% probability after 20+ trials. That's convincing enough for me to continue using lossless for pretty much everything. It's taken me awhile, but I've found relaxing during trials and keeping it casual greatly improves my scores. Before when I was really concentrating on it, I would focus on one part of the song and totally miss the whole picture.

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #83 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I rip at 224 aac just to be safe

Cool, 224 AAC is exactly the same as lossless for me too. I don't know why anyone's even bothering with 192 as it's been proven to be not quite as good as lossless. I think it was Blessingx that put me on to 224 and the hydrogen tests confirmed it as the sweetest compromise.

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #84 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by aphex944 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use lossless as a matter of principle. If you have the means for storage I can't really see any advantage lossy compression would have over lossless, even if you can't tell the difference. For critical listening, why bother with lossy?

I started out with MP3, then moved to MPC for a long time, then eventually switched over to lossless.

Whenever I ABX MPC at 'standard' level, I get around 20-25% probability after 20+ trials. That's convincing enough for me to continue using lossless for pretty much everything. It's taken me awhile, but I've found relaxing during trials and keeping it casual greatly improves my scores. Before when I was really concentrating on it, I would focus on one part of the song and totally miss the whole picture.

This was my original point the I was TOLD that you cant tell the difference so here we are. I even agreed that with super.fi 5 pros I cant tell.

But if someonw want to challange my ears with the ue-10'S well ok. The very least it will generate alot of sales for ue! I need to email them and find out how i can be sponsered. Depending on ther results of course.

Maybe I can tour the country doing abx tests and earn a living!!!

OK OK wake up Todd!

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #86 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you're calling it off now? How typical..

Who said that!

IM IN BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Im just sayng I dont think people realize how detailed the UE-10's are and it wont be that hard!!!!!

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #87 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, 224 AAC is exactly the same as lossless for me too. I don't know why anyone's even bothering with 192 as it's been proven to be not quite as good as lossless. I think it was Blessingx that put me on to 224 and the hydrogen tests confirmed it as the sweetest compromise.

So do you believe that I can pass an ABX test with 192AAC and Lossless?

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #89 of 463
lossless sounds different from high bitrate encoding, but not better. using big lossless files for your music collection is a waste of hard drive space. mp3 sounds better, anyway.

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #90 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lossless sounds different from high bitrate encoding, but not better. using big lossless files for your music collection is a waste of hard drive space. mp3 sounds better, anyway.

You are way out on this claim sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back