Stop Making Sense- Greatest Concert Film Ever?
Oct 14, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Well, if you get a chance to see Soul Power, the new one about the concert for the 1974 Ali/Foreman "Rumble In The Jungle" in Zaire, I guarantee you'll consider it a contender. James Brown, Bill Withers, B.B. King, Miriam Makeba, The Spinners, the Fania All-Stars and on and on…

Btw, I caught the Stop Making Sense tour (or was it called the "Speaking In Tongues Tour"? I can't remember) at Forest Hills Tennis Stadium in Queens, NY. It remains one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, if you get a chance to see Soul Power, the new one about the concert for the 1974 Ali/Foreman "Rumble In The Jungle" in Zaire, I guarantee you'll consider it a contender. James Brown, Bill Withers, B.B. King, Miriam Makeba, The Spinners, the Fania All-Stars and on and on…

Btw, I caught the Stop Making Sense tour (or was it called the "Speaking In Tongues Tour"? I can't remember) at Forest Hills Tennis Stadium in Queens, NY. It remains one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I've seen clips from those concerts in "when we were kings and would agree it looks pretty spectacular.

I didn't see the heads on the Speaking in Tongues Tour but did get to see the New York premier of the film (GF at the time worked for the studio) and I know that Byrne and Tina Weymouth were there for that. Pretty awesome event

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #5 of 5
Personally, I give that honor to Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones. But Stop Making Sense is probably number 2. Or maybe 3, after Rust Never Sleeps. The Last Waltz is a solid 4 in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back