StonePhones?
Feb 22, 2002 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

M Rael

500+ Head-Fier
In the early 90's I wanted to use a name for a product idea I had, but initially the people who search federally registered names said it was being used by a headphone manufacturer. I dont suppose any of you have ever heard of the name StonePhones used with a headphone, have you? I havent.
In the end it turned out the name was abandoned and I could use it after all. But I didnt do headphones, I did telephones:

stonephone.jpg

Feb 22, 2002 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 7
The air chambers were made of stone, to eliminate resonances. Listener fatigue set in after about 5 seconds.

Feb 22, 2002 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
Is that actually made of stone?

I'm a painter. Its faux-marble. I cant tell you how many of those I painted.. more than 2 thousand, for sure (in white, black, and green models.) Thanks for being fooled. I'm flattered.

p.s. thanks Beagle! now I know what they were. sounds horrid.

Feb 22, 2002 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Wow, with those skills you could have made some great models of greek marble temples. I tried once. I failed. I had spent so much time carving the pillars. And when I sucked at painting them I got so mad that I burned those wooden pillars!

Only problem with faux marble is that you can't copy the transparency..
frown.gif
Unless what you oaint is transparent or if you cover it with lacquer.. Like the ATH-w2002
biggrin.gif

Wow... Thousands?!!
eek.gif

Feb 22, 2002 at 8:47 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by M Rael

Thanks for being fooled.

It's what I'm best at!

Feb 22, 2002 at 9:21 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
Wow... Thousands?!!

I did nothing but telephones for a few years. Oh, it got pretty strange, but it was fun too. I also had phones (same style) with Zebra markings and Cow markings on them. The Zebra was the 'Call of the Wild' telephone and the cow pattern was 'CattleCall'. I had rep's and had them in stores all over the country. It was crazy, man. I never did any Greek pillars- but I did marble an electric guitar for a guy here in town. It came out wicked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back