Stolen Cowon D2 and 5pros what should I get to replace?
Nov 6, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #16 of 22
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm also thinking of upgrading to Triple.fi and re-buying the D2. Anyone with experience regarding that pairing? I've only listened to the Triple.fi with the D2 for a short (<5min) at a store while I was visiting Hong Kong. The other people I was with had to leave...
frown.gif

I did like the sound stage a lot. Compared to the 5pros, the separation was amazing. I was listening to metal at the time and didn't have a chance to compare different genres. However, I could easily place the sound from each guitar (left and right) in there respective places whereas the 5pros kind of pushed them together in the middle.

Any other suggestions?

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #17 of 22
So I picked up a pair of triple.fis.
biggrin.gif

Which DAP plays well with the triple.fis? I was thinking about waiting for the d3 when that comes out... but what should I get to hold me over?

I'm currently pondering the FUZE/Clip/S63x....

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #19 of 22
maybe you should get an ipod touch and a clip.

If you like the touch screen and multimedia functionality of the d2, the new touch will do it all (except play some of the media formats) in a sleek way. Some sound quality may be lost, but that's where the clip comes in.

I got a refurbished sansa clip on woot.com where they come available often.

I payed $30 for 2 gb of great sound quality (for my favorite music), simplicity, and portability.

You can easily take both with you on your daily travel.

Nov 11, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by freckling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cowon a9...duh!

or the o2

WTH is an a9??? Were all waiting for the S9. But, I'd go w/the Touch myself, I'm missing it like crazy, now that I have a FiiO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back