Stolen Cowon D2 and 5pros what should I get to replace?
Nov 3, 2008 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

C/Ho

New Head-Fier
So, my car was broken into on the weekend in broad daylight... they busted a window and broke into the glove compartment.

They swiped my Cowon D2 along with my Super.Fi 5 Pro headphones.
I now need a new player and a new set of headphones.

Any suggestions?

I really enjoyed the sound signature that the D2 gave when paired with the 5pros. I am open to buying those back as well.

Nov 4, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 22
I use the same setup for portable listening. I switch-off between the Super.Fi 5's and UM2's. If mine were stolen I'd buy it again. If I could only use one set of IEM's it would be the UM2's (by a hair). FWIW, it might not the best setup going, but for my needs and $ - it's very good. GL

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 22
I would recommend the Sansa Fuze only if you like to use your mp3 for music. It's sound is great and in my opinion better than the D2 even though I LOVED the D2. The biggest difference to me from the Fuze is the soundstage, it's much bigger and I really like the cleaner sound it gives
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 22
Sorry for your lost. D2 and 5pro are all great stuff. But since you have to buy a new whole setup, why not choice something fresh? UM2 is a better IEM than 5pro, you will not regret.

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #6 of 22
UM2s would be nice indeed, always wanted to try them. But I still firmly believe that D2s are in a league of their own (despite their thickness). Sony's aren't that easy to find except @ Sony Style (and they charge quite a bit). Zunes are finally available now, you could check those out.

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #8 of 22
if you loved them, buy them back or wait for the s9 which should be out in a month (get a clip meanwhile?)

also look into the sleek audio sa6? I have the 5pros and haven't tried the sa6's but from what I can read, it seems they offer a cleaner crisper sound.

Nov 5, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends on your budget. And based on that budget, use the search function.

Very useful. Why don't we close this forums to new posts?

For the OP; how about the new Sony S639; it sounds great!

Nov 5, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #10 of 22
Get a Sony & the D2 will be forgotten. My D2 is kinda' dusty ATM. as for the IEM's, if you really loved those suckers, get another pair. Still, get the Sony, you won't look back.

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can assure that S639 hiss a lot less than D2. tested both, kept S639F.

Oh GAWD, I wan't 1!!! Gotta' save the duckets!!!!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back