Stock Recable
Jun 21, 2010 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

royalcrown

500+ Head-Fier
Unfortunately, the jack on my DT-880 snapped, and I am in need of a replacement cable. I'm not up to the task of a recable, but it seems that everyone offering to recable headphones will only do so with high-end and dual-entry cables. Is there anyone that will do headphone recables with stock Beyerdynamic cable? A big plus, though not essential, would be a single-entry recable - I can't stand dual-entry headphone cables.

Thanks.

Jun 21, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm not particularly picky about what cable it is necessarily - I should have made that explicit in my first post. All I'm looking for is a cable that isn't a high-end audiophile cable, but just normal headphone cable. I don't want/need boutique cabling, just something to get my headphones into working order.

Jun 22, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #5 of 5
That's fine, I was looking for people that would do a recable though. The only recabling services I could find cost nearly as much as the headphones themselves - and since I'm only out to restore these in working condition, I was wondering if anyone would do a no-nonsense repair recable as opposed to an audiophile upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back