Stock iPod USB cable -> Total Bithead
Nov 1, 2010 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

karljs

Head-Fier
Hi,
I am thinking about buying a Total Bithead for use with my iPod and laptop and am curious, can I just use the stock line out to USB cable that is used for transferring music to connect it, or will I need to buy a different cable for that?  Obviously in a pinch I can use the headphone jack, but I think it's too noisy.

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 5
You need to use the headphone jack or a line out dock. A line out dock connects through the 30-pin port at the bottom. The headphone jack is not too noisy at all - that is some sort of urban legend that doesn't even really apply to noisy sources like the AMP3.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the feedback.  I'm still a little confused why I can't use the stock cable.  It is the 30-pin proprietary connector on one end and USB on the other.

If you are correct, then using the headphone jack will work fine anyway I suppose.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #5 of 5
The cable that came with it works for charging and syncing, but not for audio output. You need to get as mentioned above a line out dock that enables the line out function of the iPod from the 30-pin. These cost from 15-500$. PM me about one if you want. I've a couple extra ones I may not need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back