Stock Grado GS1000 vs MoonAudio vs StefanAudioArt
Jun 4, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 12
Upgradeitus Blackmore?
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 12
Well, little preparing wouldn't hurt, isn't?
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Upgradeitus Blackmore?
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 12
I've got the Equinox version. It is superb. Fantastic. Unbelievable. Breathtaking. I've not compared it to the Zoo, but I have heard the stock version and the Equinox is definitely the winner.

But..... Unfortunately I can't afford to keep them! So if anyone wants a good deal on the Equinox version, pm me....

Jun 26, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #8 of 12
Hey Blackmore,

When we last spoke your experiences with the Equinox recabled GS-1000s didn't seem too happy....have you had any more thoughts?

You know my thoughts on this recabling - I believe on my phones and rig I've experienced general, all-round improvements in most sonic traits over the stock cable, but for me the high frequencies are still occassionally over-agressive and still an issue with my music types (rock/pop mainly). I'm also around 130+ hours into burn in and so I think the cables should have reached their full sonic signature by now.

Thanks - John

Jun 27, 2008 at 10:01 AM Post #11 of 12
Not A/B comparison but after long time. System the same.
GS-1000 stock
-More underlined details.
-Slightly sharp highs.
-Not as powerful bass.
-More nervous, but more interesting sound (to me, of course).

GS-1000 Black Dragon
-Generally more smooth sound.
-More powerful bass.
-Tonality biased down.
-Highs entirely smooth.
-Maybe (I am not sure) not as deep colors.

Jun 27, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #12 of 12
My experience is that the GS-1000, recabled with the Blackdragon cable, and fed through a balanced amp, is much better than stock through a regular stereo amp. I have serious doubts that the cable makes an audible difference, but the balanced aspect of it is easily worth the $$$.

At the last NYC meet I went to, one of my favorite rigs there was the recabled GS-1000's through Ray Samuel's B52. No other amp or combination came even close to bringing the GS-1000's to that level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back