still worth it?
Jan 15, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 16
Head to jr.com.

I live in Québec, and that's where I bought mine 5 days ago.

Shipping is 5.85us$ and the iems themselves are 80 us$, so it ends at about 90 canadian dollars
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 16
only problem is that i have a limit of 45$ to spend online, that's why i specified apple as the only brick&mortar store. unfortunately, they only have the S4i and not the S4, which would be 20$ cheaper.

So is it worth it for that price?

Jan 15, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #5 of 16
Unfortunately I can't tell you how I like them because I haven't yet received them, but reviews are good.

They are at the same price than Shure SE115 which are said to be too expensive for how they sound. So IMHO it might still be a good deal: you get better sound and remote as a "bonus".

Jan 15, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #6 of 16
Take the S4i over the SE115 if at all possible. You probably won't find better for your price range at an Apple store.

Jan 15, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #7 of 16
No, that is not a good price. Londondrugs will have a sale on the S4 once in awhile, the mic version can be bought for $100CAD. If not try buying from from the FS section of the forums. They can be bought for a lot cheaper.

Jan 15, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #9 of 16
You do not say what part of the country you are in. For instance in Montreal I purchased tips for my UE 5s last year at MOOG, and noticed that they had a good selection of IEMs. You may need to think outside the normal electronic chain. Steve's music store in Ottawa had some nice cans last time I was in there. The tip about London drug's is useless for us in Eastern Canada, so state where you are and you may get specific details. BTW I was able to purchase a pair of SE202 (or what ever they were called) at a local Futureshop a while back for $110 normal is over $200.

B
smile_phones.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #10 of 16
Can't help you with the Canandian supply of IEMs (or lack of), but I can tell you the S4 is a very strong IEM. Both bass and treble are strong, and possibly over-powering if you prefer a Senn-type laid-back sound. Their own tips are very comfortable, it is easy to get a good seal and sound from them, and from the short time I had them they appeared to be very well made and durable.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #12 of 16
well in downtown montreal theres a place that sells earphones and headphones, grado, shures etc. but they are mad mad expensive lol... hmm you can try sites like earphonesolutions.com? they have a page mentioning about shipping information for canada but they seem to not have the s4... well you can try that site
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #15 of 16
sorry bout that, forgotten that you can't shop online... so i guess ur only option is getting from apple store i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back