Still no output from 7&8 when Hi-Rez Mode is Enabled
Sep 19, 2004 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

PooJou

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,
Well, even with the new 3.24 drivers, i am hearing 0 sound out of the 7&8 speaker jack when hi-rez is enabled, as in, no windows sounds, nothing. Have you guys got any idea what might be wrong? or could my card just be broken
frown.gif

Sep 19, 2004 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 18
Have you followed the steps in Mr Radar's setup? Make sure you enable the mandatory 24/96 in your music server software (foobar.....24/padded to 32, one of the two resamplers at 96k).....what method are you using for output....kernel streaming, waveout? Is the card showing up in Control Panel/Sound?

ted_b

Sep 20, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ted_b
Have you followed the steps in Mr Radar's setup? Make sure you enable the mandatory 24/96 in your music server software (foobar.....24/padded to 32, one of the two resamplers at 96k).....what method are you using for output....kernel streaming, waveout? Is the card showing up in Control Panel/Sound?

ted_b

Yeah i have, see the thing is, even WINDOWS itself doesn't have sounds, none at all... which is dissapointing. Or does that depend on your music software?

Sep 20, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
Only problem is the optical out doesn't work any more, maybe because i'm in high res mode?

Yes. On the old drivers the digital output was required to be enabled for high res mode, while in the new ones it's required to be disabled.

Sep 20, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
Are you sure you've plugged your amp into the right output jack? It should be plugged into the black one right next to the optical output.

Yes i'm really sure - do i need to move any jumpers on the actual board itself?

Sep 20, 2004 at 2:21 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by PooJou

No. So inserting and listening to CD yields no sound???

Sep 20, 2004 at 3:53 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

One question: have you only tried the hi-rez mode or have you tried getting sound out of the regular outputs as well? I only ask because I recently installed an AV-710 and I'm getting no sound at all. I've tried both the regular outputs and the 7/8 channel with hi-rez enabled.

It was brought to my attention in this thread that the jumpers might be set incorrectly. I'm going to check them as soon as I get home from work. It seems like a logical possibility, but I haven't heard of anyone else here having that problem so maybe it would be a fluke if my card came incorrectly jumpered...

Sep 20, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #10 of 18
In Foobar/Preferences/Output/go to settings you choosed the Chaintech, right?

Sep 21, 2004 at 12:27 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by proxops-pete
No. So inserting and listening to CD yields no sound???

No, as i said, windows itself has 0 sounds when hi-rez mode is enabled.
Imyourzero: Um, which jumpers? you mean refer to Mr.Radar's pic?

Sep 21, 2004 at 12:33 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Imyourzero: Um, which jumpers? you mean refer to Mr.Radar's pic?

I'm referring to the physical jumpers on the sound card. Someone in another thread said that their sound card was giving them a similar problem until they changed the jumpers on the card, and then everything was fine.

Sep 21, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #14 of 18
I followed Radars guide, it took me until the 3rd time that it worked. Make sure:
- In playback, output format is 24 bits padded to 32
- The resampler dsp is active
- The resampler is set to 96,000Hz
- Output is set to kernel streaming
- Device is set to the envoy

That should be it. Don't worry about windows sounds, worry about foobar to start with. Just to be on the safe side i'd turn all windows sounds off then reboot before you tried this again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back