Still need help!Cant decided which one
Oct 28, 2007 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

civictyper16

New Head-Fier
I just came back from guitar center tried to haggle them for the dt770 the best he would do is 185$.I rounded it down to 2 phones.This is going be my first headphones so I want to make sure I wont regret buying.It seems the dt 770 are the most preferred but I am scared the bass is going to overpower.Basically there going be used for a lot of gaming and music on receivers and occasionally the Zune.Which is going to be more well rounded for my needs?I have them both on checkout on different sites so when I feel convinced click and be happy with it.

A900
DT 770/80

Oct 28, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 5
I thought guitar center let you try headphones like these out?

Oct 28, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 5
You can haggle at Guitar center? great information for me! Both are well respected, so take your pick and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I got the MS1's on the advice of these people, and I haven't looked back since!

Nov 26, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #4 of 5
While the DT770 certainly has plenty of bass, it is by no means overpowering, and I don't consider myself a basshead at all. I got a pair of brand new DT770/80 on ebay for about $150. They sound incredible for my taste in music (rock/blues) and they sound even better for games (counterstrike). Plus they are super comfortable!

Nov 26, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can haggle at Guitar center? great information for me! Both are well respected, so take your pick and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I got the MS1's on the advice of these people, and I haven't looked back since!

I'm not sure if you can necessarily haggle, but I believe they match online prices. They just need to get a manager's go-ahead. My brother got a pair of higher-end ultrasone from them for really cheap (or so he says).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back