Still Looking....shoot me. Gotta have single sided cable for some reason.
Oct 2, 2009 at 5:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Opentoe

100+ Head-Fier
I'm still looking for a decent headphone. I've found my ultimate Westone 3's for in-ear and now need a model that is preferrably on the ear. I've checked out several, but only online. Too bad I can't listen to them.

ATH-M50
Senn HD25 II
ATH-ES7 - if these had single cable design I would have gotten them already.
ATH-Squares

I thought finding a good in-ear was going to be hard to find. That actually was pretty easy. I only went through 3 models until I paid more money and settled with the W3's. Finding an on-ear set is much harder, since there are soooo many of them made.

I have a question. Since I am use to listening to my Westone 3's would using an on-ear headphone be a worse listening experience or better? What usually sound better overall?

Oct 2, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #2 of 2
You should be able to find a pair of M50 in most stores. It doesn't even have to be an audio store; some music stores also have popular headphones for monitoring purposes. The one around here has M50s, K271 MkII, HD280 Pro, etc. Try them out there.

I think the M50s are circumaural as well, and not supraaural.

Why supraaural? Comfort is likely going to be an issue. I can't comment on the sound signature.

Single-sided cable: If you're feeling ballsy, you could reterminate it yourself. Or ghetto mod it to single side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back