Still have "The rest of your profile will become visible after you've been active in the forums" after 55 posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2016 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Deders

100+ Head-Fier
Title says it all really.  Some people were having trouble with this back in 2010 it seems, as well as in many other forums at different points for different reasons.

How many posts do people usually make before this disappears?

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 7
  Title says it all really.  Some people were having trouble with this back in 2010 it seems, as well as in many other forums at different points for different reasons.

How many posts do people usually make before this disappears?

As per the sticky in this forum (maybe not so easily visible to mobile users):

Can't edit your profile, signature or avatar or create galleries or lists? Due to problems with spam bots, new users will need to have been a member for 2 days and made 5 posts before they can edit their profile or signature or create lists or galleries.

We had SEO spammers registering, putting links in their profile to sites, then not posting, so the spam wasn't detected until considerably later, though it has been bulk-removed now.  With the above requirement, if a spammer makes rubbish or nonsensical posts (eg: cutting and pasting part of a previous post which obviously doesn't fit in the current discussion) members or the spam filter pick up on it pretty fast. The current restrictions make it prohibitively time-consuming for most spammers, who are often from Indonesia, the Phillipines or Bangladesh to bother trying.

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 7
I'd scoured this message several times for any clues as to limitations that might affect me after 3 days and 55 posts but couldn't find any.

The moderators have now got back to me and are investigating the issue.

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Hello. I have "The rest of your profile will become visible after you've been active in the forums" Its same.
I just two post on forums. How many should i post to visible my profile?

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #6 of 7
  Hello. I have "The rest of your profile will become visible after you've been active in the forums" Its same.
I just two post on forums. How many should i post to visible my profile?

You're good to go. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back