Still getting chills
Jun 29, 2004 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Budley007

500+ Head-Fier
OMG, I just had to write and say thanks to all the folks out here in the Headfi world.

I'm listening on SR225s through an Echo Indigo outta my lappy. I switched from MP3s to FLAC via kernel streaming in Foobar2000. I've been pulling out all the old favorite CDs and reripping and haven't stopped for 3 weeks.

The sound is so absolutely liberating. I'm hearing stuff in songs I've never heard before. (good and bad, but when good...WOW!!! oh so good!!!)

This was my first venture into the music enlightenment. I know there's better sound out there for the money and when I feel the upgraditis I'll be sure to make the leaps. I just feel sorry for the poor bastards listening to 128k MP3s on stock equipment. It's ironic how utterly impotent my old setup and tunes sound. I'm reliving the last 10 minutes of "It's a Wonderful Life" everytime I fireup the cans now. (minus the "cauliflower ears" I get from these Grado flatpads...OUCH)

Thanks again folks for all the great advice. Aces!

Jun 29, 2004 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 2
Every little bit helps. Going to a better format definitely helps bring out the details. Those 225s will be good for you no matter how you upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back