Stevie Wonder fans, I need your help ...
Aug 3, 2010 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

roker

Headphoneus Supremus
I have the definitive collection and the songs are beautiful, but I feel like there's better versions of these songs to be had

what are the best CD masters of his songs?

If I had a vinyl setup, I'd track down every last one of his records to hear these as they were meant to be heard.

Aug 3, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 4
IMHO, the best ones you can find are the original LP's or the original Motown releases on CD. The remasters suck. The release from MFSL is just ok and the one from Audio Fidelity is great, although it sounds relatively close to the original Motown CD release. So....IMHO, I would save my money and just get the old Motown releases and be happy with those. All of my personal remasters are sourced from the Motown CD's.

Hope that helps. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
IMHO, the best ones you can find are the original LP's or the original Motown releases on CD. The remasters suck. The release from MFSL is just ok and the one from Audio Fidelity is great, although it sounds relatively close to the original Motown CD release. So....IMHO, I would save my money and just get the old Motown releases and be happy with those. All of my personal remasters are sourced from the Motown CD's.

Hope that helps. 
biggrin.gif

Dude

you're not helping one bit

on that note, I totally want to buy this turntable someday:

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/86920

until then, I'll go ahead and give those non-remastered CDs a chance

unless someone else wants to chime in 

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 4
Finding the best pressing (CD, LP, etc) is never easy nor cheap. I have had to buy some CD's more than 3 times just to find the right one. Even then some of the best pressings aren't perfect and need help in one way or another.

I'll PM you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back