Steve Kimock Band
Jun 16, 2005 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Aman

Headphoneus Supremus
OH MY GOD DO THESE GUYS RULE!

I saw these guys in concert recently and I'm telling you, I was floored. Steve himself is a very tallented guitar player and has an innovative playing style - and the DRUMMER.. WOW! Rodney Holmes is his name, and he is by-far the best drummer I've ever seen perform live. He carries the beat so well, and in interesting time signitures, with this impact that few drummers compare to.

If you like bands like Phish, Disco Biscuits, The Grateful Dead, and the String Cheese Incident, this is a band to check out. If you guys want to hear REAL musicianship without having to head to the softer sides of Jazz, check these guys out. They incorporate a large amount of Funk, Jazz, and Rock to create an ultimate performance, which is not rivaled by many. Check them out NOW!

Get their performances at archive.org here http://www.archive.org/audio/etreeli...0Kimock%20Band I particularly recommend their 3/27/2004 recording which has excellent sound quality and is very, VERY passionate and enjoyable.

And check out the website www.kimock.com
ENJOY!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #2 of 2
I have a few of his shows from internet archive. The guy sure can play guitar. I missed him the last time he was here. Hopefully, it won't be long before he returns. I think he played with the Other Ones for a short time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back