Steve Jobs Has Died!
Oct 5, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #47 of 158
Just woke up and heard the news, I am not surprised as I felt he wouldn't be with us long recently.

Some things you can never prepare for, even if you know it is going to happen soon. Death is one of those i guess..as we all learn and are reminded time and again.

Still The way I felt for him, a person I never met, A person that never knew anyone I ever did, Still could be so strong. Weird but at the same time completely expected. Everyone felt close to jobs in some weird way, regardless of how you felt about the products the company made.
I can easily say as i said before he is/was one of the greatest people of our time, most people would never understand how HE Steve Jobs changed our very lives even without the grad gets the company sold. Pixar to the music industry are two easy examples of the countless ways every ones lives have somehow been changed by him..one man..

Steve Thank you! If i am lucky enough one day i will surely be telling my grand kids about you and how we got to live in the same world as you.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #48 of 158

I am deeply sorry to hear that he has just left this world. Too sudden, too soon. I just bought an iPod Classic and engraved “Thank you, Steve.” on the back plate. This will be my favorite iPod of all time.

Thank you Steve, for your visionary and remarkable contribution to the world. You influence and your spirit will live on.

I actually think I will do that. His invention has truly transformed my life. Thanks for the idea.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #49 of 158
As much as I disliked apple's products and policies towards certain implementation in products this is a very sad day for the tech industry.

Rip.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #50 of 158
What a sage, love him or not he changed the way we process information, communicate, and listen to music. RIP to a brilliant innovator and visionary.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #51 of 158
Sad Sad day for tech. Rest in peace Mr Jobs.

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #54 of 158
A true visionary.  I may dislike Apple's products from time to time, but I have to accept that they are exceptional in term of design.  RIP Mr. Jobs. You will be miss.

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #57 of 158
I always thought I was cool trying to go against the grain by not using apple products and in the end I always go back to the ipod. Could've gotten the iPhone but chose to get that "iphone killer" samsung phone without a real headphone jack :p

Got the classic and disliked it due to the fact that I have 300gbs of lossless music with crap tags; I needed folder support. Now I bought the video, rockboxed it and love it. With 3rd party eq's and music players on the app store that support cue sheets, many more lossless music formats and folder support on the itouch/iphone/ipad there's no reason to choose a rockboxed video over the touch for those features unless one really wants it (I did :)

Then there's foobar2k's ipod manager which did an excellent job with sending and converting all my lossless files into 320kb over to the video cleanly in one night.

Apple products actually aren't as closed as I thought they were and i'm really enjoying my Video, rockbox and normal software.

RIP Steve Jobs

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #58 of 158
This came as a great shock to me. I remember being blown away by the first Apple Macintosh and worked with one almost every week on my college term papers back in the mid Eighties. He left Apple for a bit to work on the NeXT machine, which was every hacker's (in the best possible sense of the word, ala Stallman) wet dream back then. He was ahead of his time with the Newton, although the market wasn't quite ready for it. Jobs's niche was creating a market, and blazing a trail for many others to follow. I hope Tim Cook would be up to the task.

RIP Mr. Steve Jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back