steve burns - songs for dustmites
Jan 19, 2004 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

grinch

Cognac....icky.Scotch....icky.Vodka....
yes, the rumors are true: steve burns has made an album (for grown-ups)!

this man:
steveburns02.jpg

is now, this man:
steveburns01.jpg

yes, the original host of blues clues has released an album as a musician, and in an even scarier turn of events: it's pretty damn good.

colaborating with a member or two of the flaming lips, the songs are simple and basic, yet with a tasteful electronic tinge that reminds me of "Yoshimi" a bit. according to a fansite about the man, his favorite albums are "the soft bulletin" and "ok computer" and in my opinion, this is shows in this release. i've been listening to it quite often for a couple of months now, and i really think a lot of people will enjoy it. the recording quality isn't half bad either.

i suspect that people looking for something in the vein of newer radiohead and flaming lips, only stripped down and lighter, happier, could really get into this album. i look forward to him touring maybe in the next year. this release was easily in my top ten albums of last year and i really think that some head-fiers will enjoy it.

Jan 19, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #4 of 5
Yup, steve burns album is suprisingly decent. I would surely have bought it by now, but no vinyl release
frown.gif

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #5 of 5
I made an account here just to say I love this Music for Dust Mites CD. I'm pretty late to the party, but it's so good it deserved a good review somewhere. It has this nice indy alternative vibe you don't hear anymore, it pivots emotions on a dime, and he even sounds good as its singer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back