Stereo pillow speaker - anyone here use???
Aug 13, 2004 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mahkook

100+ Head-Fier
WOMAN-PILLOW-175.jpg

Anyone here ever use one of these? If so, any opinions???

My wife can't sleep with music playing, and it is a pain to have to wake back up to put the cans away... not to mention not so comfortable to get to sleep with hd-600's on. Thought I might give this a try!

obriagdo!
Mahkook

Aug 13, 2004 at 4:46 PM Post #3 of 9
What about custom canalphones like the ultimate ears or sensaphonics. You can lay on you side and you set your source to shut off so you are just left with earplugs for the rest of the night. This way you don't disturb you wife, you sleep in silence after the music stops and everyone is happy except your wallet. Plus you get excellent sound quality and will also be able use them as a portable (and home) heaphone.

Aug 13, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 9
She might hear it, but at least it won't be playing through the whole room, just low volumes at my pillow. As for the canal phone... I tend to roll and toss at night and like the onter cans, have a problem with waking up having cords wrapped around my neck.

Aug 13, 2004 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mahkook
WOMAN-PILLOW-175.jpg

Anyone here ever use one of these? If so, any opinions???

My wife can't sleep with music playing, and it is a pain to have to wake back up to put the cans away... not to mention not so comfortable to get to sleep with hd-600's on. Thought I might give this a try!

obriagdo!
Mahkook

um, unless you lie on your back or on your front, wont it mess up stereo imaging a tad?

Aug 13, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 9
i don't know too much about that product, but i think it's a darn safe bet that it will not take care of your problem, in any respect.

Aug 13, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #8 of 9
your head will hurt alot when you use that
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't suppose the speaker is made out of a soft material....

Aug 14, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #9 of 9
When I was a kid, I had a pillow which had two small speakers built right in, and because of the fluffiness from the pillow, you oouldn't feel the driver housing...Was a pretty cool thing actually, but I can't remember what ever happened to it. If you're feeling up to the challenge, you can just take a pair of decent drivers, say from the Koss KSC 35's, and stick them in a really fluffy pillow. A couple very fine cuts, then a sewing kit should do the trick. Just make sure to stick the cord out the pillow enough ..... Your wife most likely won't hear it at all unless she's looking to pick a fight.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back