Stereo output from DVD movies
Jun 29, 2004 at 2:38 PM Post #16 of 24
I had a stuttering problem watching DVDs with my EMU.They played fine when outputting to Audigy2 btw.Nothing worked besides the solution I suggested above,so try it.Connect your DVD-Rom as a slave to your system harddrive.

Jun 29, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #17 of 24
You might also bump up the thread priority on the DVD software. I used to have to do that on my old system. Also, try running you DVD software as a window rather than full screen and have your task manager open and watch the different threads. If something is spiking a lot this could be your problem. I had to reinstall Norton Firewall because it was acting really wierd and sucking up lots of processor time. It was so bad that it was keeping my DVD software for working correctly as well as making web surfing unbearable. Once I reinstalled it, everything went back to normal.

Jun 29, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #18 of 24
cabobhuk:
Just tried it, but didn't work
frown.gif

Radar:
Didn't know that. But when I route the Audigy thru the RME to hear DVD movies, I hear some graininess in the background that shouldn't be there.

Budley:
PowerDVD is set to run in full software mode. Doesn't seem to allow me to control the buffer size, unfortunetly. Before I run PowerDVD, i close all other windows. Task manager shows that only 2-4% of the CPU is used.

Jul 1, 2004 at 1:29 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budley007
I'll research some more then bro...too many smart people around here to let this one go too long. Somebody will have the answer soon
biggrin.gif

Thanks
cool.gif
Let me know if you find out anything about RME + DVD movies

I was able to get an Audiophile 24/96 to work with DVDs last night, and so it'll be the card that'll go in the HTPC. They have new drivers that fix the stuttering issue with the card, and it works very well. But if anyone has info on RME Digi and DVD movies, please post. I have no idea why that card won't work.

Jul 1, 2004 at 3:15 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by loafier
Thanks
cool.gif
Let me know if you find out anything about RME + DVD movies

I was able to get an Audiophile 24/96 to work with DVDs last night, and so it'll be the card that'll go in the HTPC. They have new drivers that fix the stuttering issue with the card, and it works very well. But if anyone has info on RME Digi and DVD movies, please post. I have no idea why that card won't work.

PM Edwood and Iron_Dreamer, they can probably help you better.

Jul 1, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #22 of 24
yea, that's a good idea, those guys know alot about the RMEs. It may be something as small as a driver issue. Those cards are geared toward low latency issues, but PowerDVD may be just an odd animal for this card. Please let me know if you get it working. I'm still looking around. It's got me real puzzled.

Jul 1, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by cadobhuk
Connect your DVD-Rom as a slave to your system harddrive.

Loafier, I know you said this didn't work for you. I hope you switched it back. You really shouldn't mix harddrives and CD/DVD-Roms on the same IDE channel.
Another thought, I'm sure you've done this but it's worth mentioning, have you got the latest drivers for you motherboard and mobo chipset? Also, you might check for a bios update for your mobo and DVD-Rom as well. Just a thought.

Jul 2, 2004 at 2:00 AM Post #24 of 24
I am using Yamaha DP-U50, Grace 901, and PowerDVD.

The amp on the Yamaha is okay, but not great. Haven't tried the analog pre out on the back. So I hooked the optical out on the Yamaha to the optical in on the Grace, and right now I am in audio bliss watching the Seven Samurai.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back