Stereo-link 1200 questions
Jul 20, 2002 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Cyberwoo

New Head-Fier
Hello. First time poster on this forum. Anyway I currently have the following "setup":

*Computer full of mp3s (Win2k, SB Live, Winamp, etc.)
*Sennheiser HD 570's (no rolling your eyes you audiophiles...I've had these for a while)
smily_headphones1.gif

*2 Bose cube speakers and sub + 2 additional bose cubes for the rear channel (yes they are bose...have had them since 1997 and they do the job for a computer system. No bose bashing)
wink.gif

Ok here is what I want to be able to do. I want to chillout in my living room, play some video games, and be able to listen to the mp3s that are on my computer with my headphones via some kind of external source. I've looked into the Stereo-link 1200 briefly and the fact that it has a built in amp for headphones is definately a plus. The fact that it only costs $149 is another big plus.

My question is do you guys think this is a wise purchase considering my needs? Will this sound considerabely better than my SB Live currently does? Currently through the SB Live my 570's seem underpowered and quiet. I have to crank the volume pretty good just to get it loud. Is that normal? Also do you think it is worth it to just ditch the 570's and upgrade to the 580's or even the 600's? Whats the major difference between the 570's and those 2? Will that jump up in headphone quality demand a better AMP than what comes built in to that Stereo-link 1200 unit? Keep in mind I'm not a huge audiophile like I'm sure alot of you are. I just want an external source to be able to listen to mp3s and have it sound better than my SB live. Appriciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

Mike

Jul 21, 2002 at 7:08 AM Post #2 of 2
looks like the perfect solution for you. The xitel hi-fi link would be a cheaper solution, as I have used both in the past - I would go for the stereo-link

Note: This really should be in the amp/source category, not headphones. Either way, have fun with your purchase!!

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back