Stereo integrated amplifier for <$500?
Mar 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BLACKENEDPLAGUE

1000+ Head-Fier
So I have an a/v receiver and it's nice but I'm not using 80% of the unit. Considering I will never have 9 sources and 9 separate speakers, what is a good stereo amp? Phono inputs and bi-amping are a huge plus but are not deal breakers. I was looking at the Marantz PM5004 but if a marginal quality loss (or gain) can be had for less, all ears

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 4
I have an Outlaw RR2150 and would highly recommend it. They run $700 new, and the features are hard to beat for the price. It has a built in phono stage (which I haven't used, so can't comment on that), a good quality USB DAC, bass management, a good heaphone amp, and it just sounds great. I think you might have meant less than $500, but if the Outlaw is in your budget, I would take a good look at it.

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I have an Outlaw RR2150 and would highly recommend it. They run $700 new, and the features are hard to beat for the price. It has a built in phono stage (which I haven't used, so can't comment on that), a good quality USB DAC, bass management, a good heaphone amp, and it just sounds great. I think you might have meant less than $500, but if the Outlaw is in your budget, I would take a good look at it.

You are correct, I meant less. Will check that amp out now!

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #4 of 4
You might give the Topping TP60 a serious look...I know it's small, simple, and feature-light...but IMO the SQ more than makes up for it.  It easily bests the PM6004 I used to own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back