stereo imaging test mp3?
Mar 21, 2008 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TempleOfEar

Banned
hey guys, i think i have a standing wave problem thats messing up the imaging on some lower freq. could you help me find some imaging test mp3 please? i tried google with no luck. thanks.

Mar 22, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 5
I presume because you want mp3's that means you can feed your speaker rig amp via a computer......so if I were you, I would find Google "RoomEQ Wizard", which is a great program--it includes a signal generator that can put out various wave forms at whatever frequency you desire, plus pink and white noise. If you have a mic pre and a calibrated omni mic, you can measure sweeps of your room and see exactly where the problem is.

You have to join the forum at hometheatershack.com to download the latest version of REW.

However, if you don't want to get that fancy--they do have a download area with sine wave mp3's at each integer frequency between 10 and 120 Hz......but you still have to join to access it. I will PM you a link that you can click to get there directly once you join and are logged in!

Mar 22, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 5
I forgot to mention......low frequencies below 120 Hz are not so easily localized, that's why it's possible to sum the left and right into a single powered sub and still retain stereo separation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back