Stereo Folk: Totem Acoustic Arro Amp Recommendation
Oct 1, 2006 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

shawntp

100+ Head-Fier
Hey folks. I have an in-home office in my condo and am looking to build a nice listening system in there. The room is 13x11 with 10 foot celings.

I have heard the Totem Acoustic Arro Speakers before and owned totems so I am pretty set on that speaker and totems sound for my application as I think its basically the perfect fit for the room and my taste.

I was sorta thinking of giving a Jolida amp a try out because I hear they have a nice synergy with the arro's for a modest priced system. I am concerned about Amp Reliability.

I know the 302b has been considered a decent no-brainer match for these but I am interested if given my room size ...could I get by with a 202a and save a few $100 dollors or (my hope) is that maybe someone here has possibly some other rec. I don't need a tube amp but was interested in one.

P.S. I posted on Audiogon but have not gotten any hits - those guys are lame these days
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #2 of 3
I think some of the Jolida's may work well. The hybrid or a slightly more pwerful all-tube amp would be best IMO. The Totems like power, and tend to need it to sound their best. The Arro's may need less than some of the older brothers, though.

I haven't heard the Arro with tubes, but it was OK with some Musical Fidelity gear, and very good with a Plinius 9100. DID sound a little harsh, but both were recently out of the box (speakers and amp), so burning hadn't even started.

Oct 2, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #3 of 3
Yeah - the + is that I only need to fill a relativly small space. On the - the arro's are 4ohm 87dB which is lower than some of the 4/8ohm 87/88dB of the bigger models as you go up the line.

I may just have to buy and try used since I have settled on the speakers upon various auditions at least that takes out some of the variable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back