Stereo around ear headphones under $200?
Aug 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

sureshot1234

100+ Head-Fier
bringing the thread back never got the money together for any of the headphones i was looking at before and price never dropped enough to get them   started looking again at headphones and been looking at the sennheiser hd598 for about $150   what do you all think about that headphone in that price range?

ok so i am just reviving this thread instead of making a new one looking for the best headphones for $200 or less willing to nudge right up to the $200 mark but not over. I just recently picked up an Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card and want some good headphones for it. will be used when its to late to use my little Emotiva Airmotiv 4 speakers, used for movies music and games.  Dont care if it is opened or closed my room is quiet and no one to bother. I like my bass as much as anyone especially when it comes to movies but i dont want a headphone that overly emphasize bass or loose bass would like tight punchy accurate bass good clear mids and since i have very sensative high frequency hearing i like sharp highs and some sparkle but not to much or it will be beyond fatiguing for me and drive me insane lol. Think i will be happier with a more neutral natural sound stay as close to true recording as possible.

so what do you guys recommend for me :) bring it on im ready :D

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 38
Any headphone from razer is poo value unfortuantely. Don't buy anything marked "Gaming" "XTREMErz" etc.

What is your budget? What kind of headphones do you like? Over the ear or on the ear, in ear, etc.

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 38
Quote:
i am looking for an upgrade from my current gaming headset the razer carcharias. i have an asus xonar DG sound card for dolby headphone. so what stereo headsets would you guys recommend as an upgrade i would like more bass for explosions and gunfights and had been looking to try the new razer tiamat 2.2 since they have drivers seperate just for bass and you guys know anything about it i would love to hear about it  

thanks for your help:D

Heya,

What's your budget?

Without that info, here's some quick recommendations for great explosions and impactful gun fights that you'll love:

Denon D2000
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultraosne HFI 2400
M-Audio Q40
Beyer DT990
Beyer DT770
AudioTechnica A900X

Very best,

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 38
$200 max and i prefer over the ear and needs to be a headset need the mic for skype and stuff to talk to people   and they are only for gaming no music or movies i have a 7.1 system for that

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #5 of 38
Quote:
$200 max and i prefer over the ear and needs to be a headset need the mic for skype and stuff to talk to people   and they are only for gaming no music or movies i have a 7.1 system for that

Heya,

Take any headphone in your budget and add the ModMic to it. See suggestions above again.

Very best,

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #6 of 38
If you plan on just using the Xonar DG and no plans on getting an external amplifier.
I say go for the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #7 of 38
the mod mic is a good idea i will keep that in mind but the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm is at the max of my price range and adding on the mic is even more so. and just curious but what would you recommend for around $100?

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #8 of 38
Quote:
the mod mic is a good idea i will keep that in mind but the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm is at the max of my price range and adding on the mic is even more so. and just curious but what would you recommend for around $100?

Sony MDR-V6, leave enough in your budget for an add-on mic.
Maybe get some used MDR V-6s and spend $23 for Beyer EDT 200 (250) Velour ear pads

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #11 of 38
Quote:
Just curious after reading a review how old are those things? the styling looks dated and I haven't been a fan of Sony anything in a long time are they really that good?

I guess they are dated,
but for the price they do the job, I think they use to cost $150 years ago.
I'm not a Sony fan either,
buy used ones and get the Beyer Velour ear pads.

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #13 of 38
Quote:
I guess they are dated,
but for the price they do the job, I think they use to cost $150 years ago.
I'm not a Sony fan either,
buy used ones and get the Beyer Velour ear pads.

they do have great reviews and some people say they have had them like 10 or more years and still love them even after trying newer and more expensive headphones.  amazon has them for like $68 so anything you can think of that is newer and might sound better closer to the $100 mark? and thanks for all the help so far :D

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #14 of 38
ok so i looked around at reviews and list of top headphones and which would be best for gaming with good bass since thats what my head razer head set lacks

Audio-Technica ATH AD700

Grado Prestige Series SR-80

Sony MDR-V6

Sennheiser HD-280 PRO

Audio-Technica ATH-M50

and are there any beyer over ear headphones that are close to or under 100 that would work   

which should i choose?

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #15 of 38
ok so i looked around at reviews and list of top headphones and which would be best for gaming with good bass since thats what my head razer head set lacks

Audio-Technica ATH AD700

Grado Prestige Series SR-80

Sony MDR-V6

Sennheiser HD-280 PRO

Audio-Technica ATH-M50

and are there any beyer over ear headphones that are close to or under 100 that would work   

which should i choose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back