stepped attenuators
Oct 11, 2002 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
If anyone here is an expert at different stepped attenuator brands, I have some nagging questions.

The DACT that is so popular here seems to be of good quality but its lower steps seems spaced a bit too far apart.

The TKD is what McCormack uses in his component upgrades and seems more respected in the "audiophile" crowd. 40 steps, 1.5db apart.

I don't have information about the Goldpoint, which seems to be the stepped attenuator of choice from Kevin Gilmore.

Personally, I really like the one HeadRoom uses in their amps but I reallize this is actually a special ordered and then tweaked stepped attenuator. I don't know the specs for it, either but the steps seemed evenly spaced. The gain switch on the HeadRoom amps goes some ways to making sure you could always get it in the range you wanted if it was non-linear.

Any thoughts? Other ones I could look at?

Oct 11, 2002 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
I want to get my hands on the one in the Placette passive preamp. 127 steps with all Dale Vishay resistors... sweeeet!

Anyone know what part they use?
smily_headphones1.gif

Surely they're not doing that themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back