Step Up From Meier Corda 2Move?
Oct 18, 2018 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DuncanF

New Head-Fier
I've had a 2Move which I use with custom sleeved ER4Ps for many, many years. For office use I recently purchased some Beyer DT-1770s which sound excellent with the 2Move. But it made me think: where does the 2Move sit in sound quality terms vs. the myriad of portable/desktop DAC/Amp products in the market, some of which cost less than I paid for the 2Move 10-years ago. I appreciate that the input options on the 2Move are limited in terms of todays' many HiRes and streaming sources and devices that can handle those.

So where does the 2Move stand? Still pretty good vs. similar price points in the market? Of left trailing as SQ improves and prices drop? If I did want to step up the SQ (desktop or portable) where is my starting/reference point?

Oct 18, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #2 of 2
I've had a 2Move which I use with custom sleeved ER4Ps for many, many years. For office use I recently purchased some Beyer DT-1770s which sound excellent with the 2Move. But it made me think: where does the 2Move sit in sound quality terms vs. the myriad of portable/desktop DAC/Amp products in the market, some of which cost less than I paid for the 2Move 10-years ago. I appreciate that the input options on the 2Move are limited in terms of todays' many HiRes and streaming sources and devices that can handle those.

So where does the 2Move stand? Still pretty good vs. similar price points in the market? Of left trailing as SQ improves and prices drop? If I did want to step up the SQ (desktop or portable) where is my starting/reference point?

Closest comparo I've had was a Move vs D-Zero and the Ibasso PB1 (with an iMod). Move was a lot cleaner than both, but the PB1 can go a heck of a lot louder, comparable to desktops at the time. I had the PB1 but upgraded to a Cantate.2; the Move was being sold used for about $100, somebody beat me to it, months later I got the D-Zero for $30. If they were both available at the same time at those prices, I'd probably still get the D-Zero for my use case (packing it to and from work).

If it's just the amp section then I'd say don't worry about upgrading the 2Move.

If you're going to use high res formats then that's when you look around. Alternately, if you have any extra space, doesn't it have a line out? Even at 1.2V you can just hook it up to a desktop amp.

If you'll go all desktop though might as well get the Jazz FF and Modi3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back