Stello DA100 Signature on hifi500
Apr 16, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #4 of 15
I2S from mini-DIN? does it support USB to I2S?

and...

"For a startling upgrade to typical computer sound, simply connect your desktop or notebook computer to the DA100 Signature using the supplied USB cable. You will be amazed by the dramatic improvement. Even highly compressed 128k MP3 files are raised to a level approximating original WAV files, thanks to special circuitry designed only for the DA100 Signature."

eek.gif

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #5 of 15
Looks interesting.
I wonder how it compares to the DA220 MKII, or the PS Audio Digital Link III DAC.

Apr 16, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks interesting.
I wonder how it compares to the DA220 MKII, or the PS Audio Digital Link III DAC.

The previous version of DA100 sounded identical to DA220 in single ended mode. The million dollar question is, "Is balanced output of Signature as good as balanced of DA220"?

Apr 18, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw that too....

another question might be whether the new model has a brighter sound than the DA100 has...

USG

d-_-b

Why would it, internals are the same, spare the extra inputs/outputs and balanced analog section?
confused.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would it, internals are the same, spare the extra inputs/outputs and balanced analog section?
confused.gif

Hi A_W

Because I wish the DA100 had a more analytical sound. They addressed this issue on their amp by putting the filter switch on the back, so I was wondering if they possibly addressed it on the new DAC.

USG

d-_-b

Apr 18, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #11 of 15
Looks really interesting. Questions for me are whether the USB keeps native I2S or merely converts to SPDIF and the quality of the balanced output circuit.

Somebody buy it already!

Apr 18, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks really interesting. Questions for me are whether the USB keeps native I2S or merely converts to SPDIF and the quality of the balanced output circuit.

Somebody buy it already!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/3796025-post214.html
And in the same thread some impressions from the happy owner. Just click on permalink and keep reading.

Apr 26, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #14 of 15
Hi,
sorry for posting again about the same subject, but does anyone know if there are any changes in SQ between the DA100 and the DA100S if I use the usb input with the RCA output?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back