Stefan Audio Art not around?
Apr 20, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #31 of 37
They've done the full mod on my HD800 and since then I no longer worry about matching the Sennheisers with specific tube amps to make them sound the best. They sound glorious with solid state amps now, too. They've also hard-wired my Cardas Clear cable to the HD800. Highly recommended company. The HD800 is an all-rounder headphones now.

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #32 of 37
They've done the full mod on my HD800 and since then I no longer worry about matching the Sennheisers with specific tube amps to make them sound the best. They sound glorious with solid state amps now, too. They've also hard-wired my Cardas Clear cable to the HD800. Highly recommended company. The HD800 is an all-rounder headphones now.

How long ago was this? I think it's well established that the company did some great work at one point. The question now is will they reliably continue to do so.

We've had quite a few reports of them going silent, not answering any calls/emails, and not delivering on promised/paid for work. If that was a problem that has since been solved, they'll have to earn trust again, but can eventually salvage their reputation.

Apr 21, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #33 of 37
I know it's nice to see they already have options listed for umbilical cables, which is not a common thing among cable companies. But if a company doesn't answer your emails, that seems like a red flag that should immediately halt any purchases. Imagine if you have a problem with your order - will they answer you then?

There are so many other cable brands out there, surely someone else must be able to make an ECBA umbilical for you.
Thanks for advice indeed
I intend to pay via PayPal G&S as it seems to be possible so I will be covered anyway
Just wanted to get some perks with a voucher or welcome code, no « more »
I will let you know if I order it
Cheers

P.S. @devilboy says he gets « constant emails » from them ?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #34 of 37
Thanks for advice indeed
I intend to pay via PayPal G&S as it seems to be possible so I will be covered anyway
Just wanted to get some perks with a voucher or welcome code, no « more »
I will let you know if I order it
Cheers

P.S. @devilboy says he gets « constant emails » from them ?
These people?
Screenshot_20240421-141114.png

Apr 21, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #35 of 37
How long ago was this? I think it's well established that the company did some great work at one point. The question now is will they reliably continue to do so.

We've had quite a few reports of them going silent, not answering any calls/emails, and not delivering on promised/paid for work. If that was a problem that has since been solved, they'll have to earn trust again, but can eventually salvage their reputation.
It was back in 2020 right when the Covid outbreak started.

Apr 21, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #37 of 37
No that is Audio Art, a completely different company which I have used many times and can happily recommend. You won't find better service anywhere.

Unfortunately they don't have umbilical power cables listed, but you can always ask.
🫣
Oh my... Well this is awkward.

Sorry. Lol! My bad. 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back