Steelers vs Colts @ 2-minute warning - WHAT A GAME!!
Jan 15, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #16 of 29
Peyton Manning, I'm sorry to say, appears to be one of those guys who allows others to rent space in his head. He has a long history (going back to his college days) of choking in big games. I don't see where he did that today, as they came back like nothing I've seen this side of Frank Reich. However, if he plays at all well early on, they probably win.

Jan 15, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Peyton Manning, I'm sorry to say, appears to be one of those guys who allows others to rent space in his head. He has a long history (going back to his college days) of choking in big games. I don't see where he did that today, as they came back like nothing I've seen this side of Frank Reich. However, if he plays at all well early on, they probably win.

Agreed but the only time the Colts really did anything on offense was when the Steelers sat back in prevent style defense. Manning was under pressure the rest of the time.

Jan 15, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
I would love to see Jerome Bettis get a superbowl ring! Great game.

Yeah that would really be amazing, the entire city is behind him 110% too. That would certainly be a great way to end your NFL career
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
I would love to see Jerome Bettis get a superbowl ring! Great game.

He's from Detroit too, you know. Though I've never quite forgiven him for not attending the University of Michigan, he is a solid citizen and great player. It would be great to see him get a ring in his hometown.

Jan 15, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #21 of 29
Leave Vanderjagt alone. He's the best kicker Indy has ever had. In any event, if the O-line had been doing their job, then there would have been no need for the game to be on his shoulders.

However, despite my life-long affinity for the Colts, this was Pittsburgh's game.
icon10.gif

Jan 16, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #23 of 29
As a Patriots fan, my day was ruined Saturday. I kind of feel bad for the Colts; so much going for them, but they haven't been able to push it in the post-season.

But hats off to both Pittsburgh and Denver, for playing hard and gritty football with great defense (at least well-timed breaks for Denver), and the offense when needed.

Next week's game should also be great to watch!

And why can't I get excited over the NFC games....?
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

Jan 16, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #24 of 29
We all know that the winner of the AFC is the winner of the NFL. It's just a weak conference lately, even my NFC East. All that hard nosed defense and running game from the Buddy Ryan era is long gone.

Jan 16, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #26 of 29
I watched that game with my two brother in laws and we were up and down outta the couch half a dozen times in the last 2 and a half minutes...what a game! Roethlesberger (sp?) seemed like he saved the game for the steelers by sweeping the leg of the colts player who picked up the fumble...he probably would have been in the endzone if not for it...Gotta feel for Vanderjagt though, and the stats that were put up just before the kick told us that he hadn't missed a home playoff game kick...ouch...

Jan 16, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #27 of 29
You said exactly what I wanted to say Homeless.

Incredible game, even though the interception call was a load of BS.

Jan 16, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #28 of 29
so is that kicker gone? imo id lose him... the guys got one job, every now and then to kick a fieldgoal.

so yeah ive had a busy weekend with My broncos working the pats, and going to some shows... so i havent heard the deal

Jan 16, 2006 at 7:56 AM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
so is that kicker gone? imo id lose him... the guys got one job, every now and then to kick a fieldgoal.

That doesn't mean he'll do it 100% of the time...and he's been one of the best kickers in the league, if Indy dropped him (and I doubt they will) many teams would pay him to "try" and do his one job...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back