Steaming flac
Sep 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

petercintn

Head-Fier
I have been looking everywhere for a simple device that will stream my audio files, I don't care about movies or youtube or anything but audio.  It must stream flac and pcm at least and it would be nice for it to do shnf files but that may be asking too much.  I just want to get the music I have stored on my hard drive to my DAC which I want to put in a different room than my PC.  Am I right to assume that a digital file will be the same from the hard drive through the WIFI to the steamer and then to the DAC.  Am I going to have to buy a 500 to 600 NAS to accomplish this or can I trust something like a WD TV LIVE box to give good sound.  All I care about again is the audio.

As always I am looking for the cheapest way out so please don't recommend a Linn system or some high dollar equivalent, I simply can't afford it plus the amps and DACs are overkill for me.  Already pleased with my setup right now, just want to move it away from the PC, wirelessly if I can.

If this has been answered a blue million times please forgive me.  It's like 6:30 central time (US) and I've been up all night looking at this and decided to ask here.  Haven't used the search button, sorry.

Thanks.

Sep 27, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 4
try using a media server to stream the files through there, and no the files won't be affected unless if you are having networking issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back