Stax Test Tracks Poll
Dec 27, 2005 at 11:57 AM Post #17 of 29
OK, 48 so far. Please don't anyone else reply to this thread with a message but just use the voting button. As soon as I can get something organised I will edit the first message and let you know what is happening.

Thanks.

Simon

Dec 31, 2005 at 7:17 PM Post #18 of 29
It says poll is closed for me

frown.gif

I really wanted to experience the track

Dec 31, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #19 of 29
Yes sorry, I only ran the poll until today to get a feel for numbers. I will be speaking to Simply Stax later this week to see if we can organise something to make all the tracks widely available.

Simon

Dec 31, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminair
BitTorrent exists for this kind of file distribution
smily_headphones1.gif

Indeed, however, our man sclamb is (to his credit) determined to avoid any violation of copyright issues. As much as I'd love to hear the demos, I would much rather have head-fi continue to exist.

600smile.gif

Jan 3, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #22 of 29
I don't know how I missed this thread the second time, but I did. That means I also missed hearing these tracks, and I really wanted to get my hands on them. If anyone would be kind enough to share them with me, please send me a PM.

Much thanks.

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:59 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuks
I don't know how I missed this thread the second time, but I did. That means I also missed hearing these tracks, and I really wanted to get my hands on them. If anyone would be kind enough to share them with me, please send me a PM.
Much thanks.

I believe thay haven't been posted for a second time yet, or did I mis that as well?

Any news so far sclamb?

Jan 4, 2006 at 9:38 AM Post #25 of 29
I am waiting for a decision from Stax as to whether we can have permission to make the Stax CD more generally available to Head-Fi members for download. If they confirm that it is OK, I will ask if Head-Fi can host it (or use BitTorrent) and let only Head-Fi members have access, perhaps by requesting a password for the download page.

I don't mind distributing the password to those that PM me to request it.

I will let you know as soon as I know.

Simon

Jan 9, 2006 at 11:43 AM Post #27 of 29
is there anyone else, who already downloaded it and would give it now to other head-fi members, since sclamb used up all is download limit?
I would really like to hear this...must be great
eek.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 12:45 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by sclamb
I am waiting for a decision from Stax as to whether we can have permission to make the Stax CD more generally available to Head-Fi members for download. If they confirm that it is OK, I will ask if Head-Fi can host it (or use BitTorrent) and let only Head-Fi members have access, perhaps by requesting a password for the download page.

I don't mind distributing the password to those that PM me to request it.

I will let you know as soon as I know.

Simon

Check the above, everyone is waiting to see what response he gets from Stax. If it's favorable, there might be better options (bittorrent) than having someone else host it. However, if Stax says that it is okay I would be willing to help host it (Simon, do you know how much bandwidth you used up during the first go-around?). At any rate, I think the important thing right now is making sure that we're not distributing copyrighted work illegally. Oh, and like you, I missed out on them the first time as well.

Jan 9, 2006 at 12:49 PM Post #29 of 29
Sorry, I'm still waiting for a response. The original hosting that I did used up over 100GB of download bandwidth
eek.gif
Considering that I only had 20GB, I think my hosting company were very kind to let so much go through.

I will respond as soon as I get a response back. Apologies for the delay, but I do want to ensure that Stax are happy with what I am doing/intending to do.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back