Stax Test & Set-up CD - awesome!
Dec 21, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #62 of 298
I saw the disc on ebay before, but missed it
eek.gif
. Please put me on the list.

Maybe it would be easier if all registered users could download it(or say, people registered before the post was made, if there's fear of people registering just to download it).

Ripping shouldn't be hard: pop it in, lossless out, throw the files to someone willing to host it.

Dec 21, 2005 at 9:49 PM Post #63 of 298
Please add me to the list. I do have a STAX rig and would definitely appreciate hearing these recordings. I, too, love binaurals...

KenB

Dec 21, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #69 of 298
I've got this CD and it's great. My copy was made in West Germany and came in a 2CD fat boy case,as the booklet won't really fit in a normal single CD case, as it's very thick. All binaural recordings. The 2 most interesting tracks are Tracks 1 (Dummy Head Demo. in The IRT) and 2 (Marianne from 7 To 7) - very real. The water splashing on to the shower cap during track 2 certainly makes you blink - to me it sounds EXACTLY like it should in real life.
When I first heard this CD (Track 1) at a hifi shop many years ago, I asked the salesperson to turn off the CD playing the guitar strumming so I could listen to Gunther and Sabine's exchanges more clearly. The guitar seemed to be coming from way across the room - nowhere near me. The salesman just laughed and said it's on the CD. I'd NEVER heard that sort of spatial realism before. I'd love to see a picture of Sabine - her breathing "Hello" in your ear is great - actually I don't want to see a picture - I'd probably be broken hearted.

Dec 22, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #75 of 298
Please add me to the list as well.

Thanks
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back